Useful advice for competitors at Red Bull Romaniacs.
- Failure to understand the event rules can ruin your chances of success and a finishers medal. Read these detailed information webpages:-
2018 Special regulations
2018 Prolog schedule
- You must wear your “name and number bib” during the whole event and during the "Prolog qualification time trials" and "Prolog Finals". This provides additional security for your motorcycle in the Prolog motorcycle parking place. If you do not wear your ´name and number bib´ you will not be allowed to collect your motorcycle from the Prolog start line parking place.
- After competitors complete the time trials qualifications we recommend taking motorcycles to the motorcycle security parking area.
- All competitors please should come and celebrate with the Prolog-Finals winners at the end of the Finals race. Winners presentation is at the Red Bull Finish Arch.
- At the Prolog, competitors please talk with & thrill the spectators with your riding skills. They have all come to watch, video & photograph you.
The first three winning competitors in each class must attend the “prize giving celebrations” at the end of the Prolog-Finals at the Red Bull Finish Arch.
Failure to attend will result in a 1ast starting place in the offroad day 1 race.
For more detailed information about the Prolog click HERE
Competitor Motorcycle security
- The parking area is between the IBIS Hotel and Ramada Hotel - for all competitors motorcycles.
- Contact Cristina Badiu at the Red Bull Romaniacs HQ hotel inscription desk for more information on how to get access. Secure parking is available from Sunday July 22 18:00 till 12:00 Sunday July 29.
Results pages - Explanation
- Official Prolog OVERALL results - Results from those who qualified and raced in the Prolog-finals and results from the Prolog-time trial qualifications.
Shows Prolog ''added time'' and any other time penalties incurred that will be added to the "Official OVERALL results - offroad day 1"
- Finals results - Shows the results for the 35 competitor in each class who qualified for the Prolog-Finals race, shows lap times, number of laps, total time taken by each competitor.
- Finals - rank layout - shows the 35 ranked competitors from each class who will compete in the Prolog finals, and the starting ''row' for each competitor.
- Time trial qualification - The timed race to try to get into the Prolog finals race for Gold, Silver & Bronze classes.
Gold class do 2 runs, Bronze and Silver 1 run.
Iron class , It is not mandatory for the Iron class to compete in the Prolog, no penalties for not competing, if they do 1 qualification run their result will provide them with an earlier offroad day 1 starting time. Iron class do not compete in Prolog finals race.
Results for the Offroad days
- Official OVERALL results - Includes the results of previous offroad days & Prolog.
- Official day results - Official results of each offroad day.
- Detailed UNOFFICIAL results -
The ranking automatically changes depending on who is leading the race.
You can view competitors Checkpoint arrival times, ride times between checkpoints and the +differential times between competitors.
competitors results if any offtrack penalties need applied after GPS recordings have been analysed.
Note:- competitors and support crews,friends and family can view this data anytime using Red Bull Romaniacs website
It is very important that competitors view their ''Detailed UNOFFICIAL results'' as soon as possible after they have arrived back at the ''Competitor paddock'' or in Sibiu
The ''Detailed Unofficial results'' can be viewed on the results pages of the Red Bull Romaniacs website.
Results protests or First aid medical assistance time back request claims can be made at the Race Directors Headquarters office or online.
Results investigations and possible protests are 'results finalisation time limited', once a competitors results have been published in the ''Detailed UNOFFICIAL results'' and 2 hours pass from the competitors displayed ''Results published time'', 'Results protest'' or needed ''First aid medical assistance time back claims" may not be accepted.
If a competitor has a reason to make a results protest or provide information which can affect results please do this immediately. The Red Bull Romaniacs Headquarters results team need to investigate BEFORE results go OFFICIAL and the next days offroad start times are published.
Competitors race information provided DURING the race.
Explanation of abbreviations used in Red Bull Romaniacs webpage results.
Detailed UNOFFICIAL results
Start - This is the ''given time'' to competitors, it is the competitors responsibility to present themselves at the Offroad start location and start at the time.
CP * - Checkpoint times * will be the checkpoint number
Ride time - competitors actual riding time between checkpoints.
Diff. time - The difference in ride time between competitors. 0s (zero seconds) is the fastest competitor between checkpoints. Example = If the time shown for another competitor is 2'30 this means that competitor was 2 minutes 30 seconds slower than the fastest competitor.
not used - This text is only shown when a class does not go to that checkpoint
SPin - competitors actual arrival time at the Service Point checkpoint in.
SPout - competitors Service Point out - Exit time - competitors cannot leave the service point BEFORE this time. They can stay longer if they wish to rest or repair motorcycles, but this time is adding to their overall race time.
OVERALL race progress
- The overall ranking changes changes depending on who is leading the event while you are watching.
- Previous days overalls(total time&total diff. time) will be displayed.
* = the offroad day, either 1,2,3 or 4
Ride time Day* - this is the current course riding time of the competitor
Timebar penalty Day* or TBR PEN - As a competitor reaches a checkpoint the the time penalties for NOT reaching that checkpoint become removed . If a competitor reaches all checkpoints the time shown becomes 00:00:00 or if not time penalties remain for checkpoints not reached.
Day* Overall - This is the track ride time INCLUDING any offroad day* time penalties for GPS offtrack, for not reaching checkpoints, for being time-barred at checkpoint(s) and any manual time penalties given.
Day* Diff. time - 00:00:00 is the fastest competitor, Example= if the time shown for a competitor is 00:02:30 this means the competitors DIFFerential Time is plus +2 minutes 30seconds slower than the fastest competitor.
Total time (overall)- this is the competitors ''total time'' for the event which can include ride time, any timebarred penalties, manual penalties, GPS offtrack penalties given.
Diff. time (overall) - This is the time difference between the fastest competitor and all other competitors, The fastest OVERALL competitor having a time of 00:00:00
- For GPS - Advice tips click HERE
- Liaison - The liaison is NOT part of the race track, No speeding is required, you are subject to all normal Romanian road traffic laws !, you have plenty of time at legal speed limits to get from start of the Liaison to finish of the Liaision.
- Offroad start - Here is the racing start of the Red Bull Romaniacs race, NOW you can race. You must start at the offroad start on your given start time.
- ''Competitor Paddock checkpoint'', at the entrance to the service paddock nearest the Prolog. If a competitor leaves the race track, they handin their GPS and Rescue map there.
- Direction indicators for G (GOLD), S (silver), B (Bronze), I (Iron) pay close attention to ''track separation signs''. Follow your class sign, check with your GPS to ensure you have taken the right track for your class.
- If you are on a track but find you are ''off the GPS track'', you will have gone the wrong way at the ''class separation signs''.
- Direction Tapes (1 metre hanging banners) can be replaced by idiots, always assume that the GPS track is correct. Has around 50 meters accuracy
- Fuel or Fuel with 2 stroke oil
- Take fuel quantity as advised. Tank yourself - take your time – don’t burn yourself or your motorbike.
- Attention if you fall off your motorcycle on the track and your bike is lying on it's side, switch off your fuel !! if you go to help another rider. You can loose fuel fast and might not make it to next tank point.
- Compulsory to rest here for a “minimum” of 20 minutes.
- Your time will be taken at SPin "Service Point in” at entrance of the service point, present yourself at SPout “Service Point out” after your 20 minute rest.
- Stay longer if you wish, but YOUR days race time is increasing
- Your fans and friends are welcome to watch but no spectators are allowed inside the orange fencing or taped off areas, service crews for your safety, please keep out!!
- For safety reasons - No minders, friends or fans are allowed anywhere on the track, If any competitor is caught with friends or ´known friends or family' on the track on motorcycles he/she will be immediately disqualified.
- Friends and fans are most welcome to come with motorcycle and cars to watch and cheers on friends and other competitors at the special spectator points that we have created.
For downloadable details on how to get to the 2017 spectator points
English language. Click here(information provided closer to event date)
For downloadable details on how to get to the 2017 spectator points
Limba Romanian Click here(information provided closer to event date)
For downloadable details on how to get to the 2018 Service points. Click here(information provided closer to event date)
Speeding over limit = time penalties
- Near villages and houses keep your speed low.
- In Romania many children play on the street and are attracted by the motorcycles.
- If caught speeding by police, your race time will NOT be given back.
- There will be warning speed signs and waypoints in your GPS.
30KMin means go no more than 30 km/h.
30KMout means feel free to go flatout.
If you drive on roads greater than 10 kilometers over the speed limit you may be given a time penalty.
> 10 kilometers per hour = 5 minute time penalty
> 20 kilometers per hour = 10 minute time penalty
- Not reaching a checkpoint before your ''Time bar'' means you have ''abandoned''(AB) the days race, and must leave the racetrack.
- Failure to leave racetrack equals disqualification(DQ).
- We take you into the wilderness where Bears and Wolves live and into high altitudes in the mountains where local weather can at times be extreme.
- For YOUR safety we WILL check if you are carrying YOUR survival equipment as clearly stated in the regulations ''section 6''
For missing equipment we will penalize you with a fine and penalty time points.
Motorcycle washing / cleaning
- No washing of bikes to take place anywhere else than published.
- Old oils can also be disposed in the designated area in the competitor paddock.
KP Kamera Points / Spectator points
- There are international media & Romania TV camera crews and professional photographers and dedicated Romaniac team bloggers from all around the world as well as hundreds of amateur photographers looking to film you !.
- When you see a camera sign, remember: “full gas” and looking good is very important.
- There is medical assistance available at the ''Romaniacs Race HQ hotel'' each evening between 18:00 and 21:00.
Tuesday July 24, 2018 17:00
EET (East European time)
Povestea Red Bull Romaniacs 2017, duminica, 5 Noiembrie, de la ora 14:00 la Pro.X
Duminica aceasta povestea celei de a 14-a editii a celui mai dificil raliu hard enduro din lume este la tv. Urmareste actiunea in cadre care iti taie rasuflarea si vezi cum au trait aventura riderii veniti din toate...
The 2017 Red Bull Romaniacs hard enduro rallye Watch the Red Bull tv 2017 Romanics Highlights with extra video clips
Red Bull Romaniacs 2018 registration
Opened on Friday October 20. 2017 16:00 EET (East European time)
If you still plan to race in the Red Bull Romaniacs July 24-28. 2018 we recommend you to register as soon as possible HERE, make a credit card payment immediately to...
Red Bull Romaniacs 2018 registration
Opens on Friday October 20. 2017 16:00 EET (East European time)
If you are planning to race in the Red Bull Romaniacs July 24-28. 2018 we recommend you to register as soon as this registration page opens, make a payment immediately to secure your entry as...
ROU - Graham Jarvis a castigat pentru a sasea oara Red Bull Romaniacs
- La 42 de ani, Jarvis confirma ca el este Regele;
- Mani Gyenes termina pe locul doi la clasa Silver;
- Sergiu Grecu obtine titlul la clasa Bronze.