Tuesday July 24
Bulevardul Corneliu Coposu, Sibiu
08:30 Start time Prolog trial trial qualifications
17:00 Start Finals
The Prolog ''Finals'' will be livestreamed HERE on Red Bull tv. and on this website from 17:00 Eastern European Time, = Central EST +1 hour.
- Overall results of the Prolog determine the starting order for the first offroad day.
- GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE classes:
- The fastest 35 competitors from the Prolog qualifications compete in the Prolog Finals.
- If competitors do not start(DNS) or do not finish(DNF) the Prolog qualifications they receive a +15 minute time penalty included in the offroad day 1 Overall results.
- Each competitor will also receive the below Prolog added minutes included in the offroad day 1 Overall results.
- IRON class
- Competing provides a Prolog ranking and an earlier offroad day 1 start time.
- It is not mandatory for Iron class to compete in the Prolog qualifications, there are no above Prolog added minutes or did not start(DNS) or did not finish(DNF) +15 minute time penalties applied.
- The offroad day 1 starting order is in order of ranking of those who did compete and then in order of allocated race (BiB)numbers for those who did not compete.
- Note: Iron class do not compete in the Prolog finals.
Prolog time trial qualifications - rules & regulations
- Before your qualification race - All competitor motorcycles need to be parked in the designated parking area behind the starting line.
- AFTER your qualification race - Competitors can park motorcycles in the car park after the finish ARCH, then watch the other competitors competing.
- Warning: Competitors do not leave personal bike equipment beside your motorbike if you go to watch the Prolog. Keep them safe with you.
- Note: Competitors must wear the provided Red Bull Romaniacs 'name & BIB race numbers' on the rear of race shirt or rucksack.
- Competitors personal video cameras can be used during the Prolog races. Drone use is NOT permitted.
- Each competitor starts the Prolog qualification in competitor allocated race number order.
- Gold class - 2 qualification runs - the fastest run counts for the result and the starting order for the Prolog Finals race.
Note: If the qualifications are running late, there is a possibility only one qualification run may take place.
- Silver class and Bronze Class - 1 qualification run - this run counts for the result and starting order for the Prolog Finals race.
- Iron Class - 1 qualification run - For competitors who wish to compete in the Prolog (not mandatory). Voluntary competing provides them with a Prolog ranking and an earlier offroad day 1 starting time.
- The fastest 35 competitors from Gold Silver & Bronze classes qualify to compete in the Prolog Finals.
- The competitors in each class who have qualified for the Prolog finals races can view the Finals Rank layout 'starting row position' on the results pages of the Red Bull Romaniacs website.
The Finals rank layout and the results will be on the official results notice board in the Ramada Hotel race headquarters 90 minutes after the Prolog time trial qualification are completed.
Walk & inspect the Prolog track (no motorcycles) 07:30 - 8:00
Bronze class - Start at 8:30
Motorcycles and competitors to "start line" at 08:00
Silver Class - Start at 10:00
Motorcycles and competitors to "start line" at 09:30
Gold Class - Start at 11:00
Motorcycles and competitors to "start line" at 10:30
Iron class - start at 11:30
Motorcycles and competitors to "start line" at 11:00
Note: It is NOT mandatory for Iron Class competitors to compete in the Prolog, If they wish to voluntarily compete in 1 qualification run in the 'Time trial qualifications' the results will provide them with an earlier offroad day 1 starting time.
Prolog Finals - rules & regulations
Start at 17:00
All motorcycles and competitors to the start line at 16:30
Park your motorcycles in the designated area for your class & race number.
Bronze class - Start at 17:00
- Competitors MUST wear the provided Red Bull Romaniacs 'name & BIB race number' on the rear of their race shirt or rucksack.
- The competitors who have qualified for the Prolog Finals, please park your motorcycles in the special 'Finals competitors parking area' - before 16:30.
- Warning: Competitors do not leave your personal bike equipment beside your motorbike if you go to watch the Prolog, keep them safe with you.
- The first 3 winning competitors in each class must attend the Prolog prize giving celebrations at the Red Bull Finish arch immediately after the Gold class race is completed.
Failure to attend will result in a last starting place in the offroad day 1 race.
- Each race consists of as many laps competitors can complete in:
- Gold class - 15 minutes plus 1 lap.
- Silver and Bronze classes - 10 minutes plus 1 lap.
- 35 competitors compete from each class race.
- The starting line is 5 competitors across the start line and 7 rows of competitors behind.
- Each competitor starting place is based on the 35 competitors Prolog time trial qualification results ranking. The fastest time being allowed to select a preferred starting place followed by the next competitors for each row of 7.
- There are no time penalties for did not start(DNS) or for did not finish(DNF) in the Prolog Finals, those competitors will be ranked the lowest of the 35 competitors. DNF competitors are ranked higher than DNS.
- The Red Bull Arch is the starting line, the starting straight to the first right hand corner 'where the lap counter is positioned' is counted as lap 1, all other laps are counted from this 'lap scoring corner' until the Finish flag is waved.
- The Finals podium winners, the first placed competitor, then the second place competitor at the Prolog Finals winners presentation select their starting place preference 'third, second or first' for offroad start day 1.
All the other competitors starting order is selected in order of Prolog final results #4 to #35 and then by order of Prolog qualification rank #36 to the last competitor.
- Note: 'Chicken lines' during time trial qualifications may not be available during the Prolog finals.