While you wait to watch or to view the 2019 Prolog on Red Bull tv, you can watch our 2018 livestream Replay of the '2018 Prolog'
The 2019 Prolog will be held on July 30. 2019 at Bulevardul Corneliu Coposu, Sibiu
- Overall results of the Prolog determine the starting order for all Competitors for the first offroad day.
- GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE classes:
- The fastest 35 competitors from the Prolog time trial qualifications compete in the Finals.
- If competitors do not start(DNS) or do not finish(DNF) the Prolog qualifications they receive a +15 minute time penalty included in the offroad day 1 Overall results.
- Each competitor will also receive the below Prolog added minutes included in the offroad day 1 Overall results.
- IRON class
- Competing provides a Prolog ranking and an earlier offroad day 1 start time.
- It is not mandatory for Iron class to compete in the Prolog qualifications, there are no above Prolog added minutes or did not start(DNS) or did not finish(DNF) +15 minute time penalties applied.
- The offroad day 1 starting order is in order of ranking of those who did compete and then in order of allocated race (BiB)numbers for those who did not compete.
- Note: Iron class do not compete in the Prolog finals.
Prolog time trial qualifications - rules & regulations
- 07:30-12:30 Technical checks will be performed.
- checking motorcycle chassis numbers,
- checking competitors Bib # racing numbers have been fitted above headlamp & and on rear panels.
- have the supplied Red Bull organiser sponsor front mudguard stickers been fitted ?
- Warning: Competitors do not leave personal bike equipment beside your motorbike if you go to watch the Prolog. Keep them safe with you.
- Note: Competitors must wear the provided Red Bull Romaniacs 'name & BIB race numbers' on the rear of race shirt or rucksack.
- Competitors personal video cameras can be used during the Prolog races. Drone use is NOT permitted.
- Each competitor starts the Prolog qualification in competitor allocated race number order.
- Gold class - 2 qualification runs - the fastest run counts for the result and the starting order for the Prolog Finals race.
Note: If the qualifications are running late, there is a possibility only one qualification run may take place.
- Silver class and Bronze Class - 1 qualification run - this run counts for the result and starting order for the Prolog Finals race.
- Iron Class - 1 qualification run - For competitors who wish to compete in the Prolog (not mandatory). Voluntary competing will provide them with an earlier offroad day 1 starting time.
- AFTER qualification run - Competitors can park motorcycles in the car park after the finish ARCH, then watch the other competitors competing.
- The fastest 35 competitors from Gold Silver & Bronze classes who have qualified to compete in the Prolog Finals races can view online their Finals Rank layout 'starting row position' or on the official results notice board in the Ramada Hotel race headquarters.
07:30 Motorcycles and competitors to "start line"
07:45 Track walk
08:00 Qualification run Starts
10:00 Motorcycles and competitors to "start line"
10:30 Track walk
10:45 Qualification run Starts
11:30 Motorcycles and competitors to "start line"
11:45 Track walk
12:00 Qualification Run 1 starts
12:15 Qualification Run 2
12:00 Motorcycles and competitors to "start line"
12:30 Track walk
12:45 Qualification run starts
Note: It is NOT mandatory for Iron Class competitors to compete in the Prolog, If they wish to voluntarily compete in 1 qualification run in the 'Time trial qualifications' the results will provide them with an earlier offroad day 1 starting time.
Prolog Finals - rules & regulations
16:30 All 35 qualified competitors in Gold, Silver & Bronze classes, motorcycles to the competitor parking area at the start line
Park your motorcycles in the designated area for your class & race number.
17:00 Welcome & top ten competitors presentation
17:15 race 1 starts
race 1. Bronze class
race 2. Silver Class
race 3. Gold Class
- Competitors MUST wear the provided Red Bull Romaniacs 'name & BIB race number' on the rear of their race shirt or rucksack.
- Warning: Competitors do not leave your personal bike equipment beside your motorbike if you go to watch the Prolog, keep them safe with you.
- The first 3 winning competitors in each class must attend the Prolog prize giving celebrations at the Red Bull Finish arch immediately after the Gold class race is completed.
Failure to attend will result in a last starting place in the offroad day 1 race.
- Each race consists of as many laps competitors can complete in:
- Gold class - 10 minutes plus 1 lap.
- Silver and Bronze classes - 7 minutes plus 1 lap.
- 35 competitors compete from each class race.
- The starting line is 5 competitors across the start line and 7 rows of competitors behind.
- Each competitor starting place is based on the 35 competitors Prolog time trial qualification results ranking. The fastest time being allowed to select a preferred starting place followed by the next competitors for each row of 7.
- There are no time penalties for did not start(DNS) or for did not finish(DNF) in the Prolog Finals, those competitors will be ranked the lowest of the 35 competitors. DNF competitors are ranked higher than DNS.
- The Red Bull Arch is the starting line, the starting straight to the first right hand corner 'where the lap counter is positioned' is counted as lap 1, all other laps are counted from this 'lap scoring corner' until the Finish flag is waved.
- The Finals podium winners, the first placed competitor, then the second place competitor at the Prolog Finals winners presentation select their starting place preference 'third, second or first' for offroad start day 1.
All the other competitors starting order is selected in order of Prolog final results #4 to #35 and then by order of Prolog qualification rank #36 to the last competitor.
- Note: 'Chicken lines' during time trial qualifications may not be available during the Prolog finals.