Rules and Regulations
The Red Bull Romaniacs Edition 18 Vertical Madness Reloaded July 27-31. 2021 is written out according to the following guidelines: The Red Bull Romaniacs is an internationally known race authorised in Romania by the "Federatia Romana de Motociclism“(F.R.M)
The competition race classes are:- Gold, Silver, Bronze, Iron, Atom.
Competitors who are not sure which race class corresponds to their enduro skill level, can find tips here for Picking the right class
The 2021 route consists of five days in the Romanian Carpathian mountains. An offroad 'Time trial qualification' and 4 offroad race days.
Difficult, technically demanding daily stages on hilly landscapes are characteristics of the route and are manageable with standard hard enduro motorcycles with an autonomy of 80 kilometers. It is stated explicitly, that the selective characteristics of the route and the attainable maximum time for each section and each day are conditioned by the weather, perseverance and driving ability and can lead to a considerable failure ratio.
The route has track markers, race class separation markers, checkpoint flags and Red Bull start and offroad finish Arches.
Rescue maps will be provided by the organiser.(for emergency use only) For safety reasons using a Garmin GPS is necessary - see section 7. GPS / Navigation for more information
The next days GPS track image will be downloaded onto the competitors GPS by the organisers GPS technical team.
Competitor services supplied.
The organisers are:-
Lito SLU, Edifici Prats, Ctra. Prat Sobirans Bloc B 2.1, AD-400 Arinsal, Andorra.
Crazy Bike Club Sibiu, Str Moldoveanu nr 33, Sibiu, Romania.
SC Xventure SRL, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Hai la miscare, Asociatia Clubul Sportiv, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Federatia Romana de Motociclism (FRM), B-dul Bassarabia 37-39 Setor 2, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact person: Cristina Badiu
Str. Cetatii Nr. 34
Sibiu – Romania
Mobile +40 731 270 887
Phone calls accepted during daytime office hours 08:00-17:00 Eastern European time
If you need help with The online Registration process or have questions about the event, need assistance, contact email@example.com
More DETAILED information is provided closer to the event and during the event in the Race Programme
Competitor Paddock opens Saturday July 24 at 12:00
Practice track - Sunday July 25
Event Inscription - Monday July 26
Time trial qualification(TTQ) - Tuesday July 27
Offroad day 1 race - Wednesday July 28
Offroad day 2 race - Thursday July 29
Offroad day 3 race - Friday July 30
Offroad day 4 race - Saturday July 31
The people who transferred their 2020 event entry and payment to the 2021 event, DO NOT need to register again, you will find your name in the Competitors 2021 starting list.
Registration is open Click HERE to register for the July 27-31. 2021 race
To avoid disappointment, we recommend competitors complete the online registration form and then make a 50% or 100% payment with Credit card/Debit card as soon as possible as the '2021 starting places' especially in the BRONZE class and the IRON class have a limit number of places available.
The event basecamp is in Sibiu - For International competitors the closest airport is SIbiu International Airport(SBZ). Other Romanian airports International competitors can use are Targu-Mures(TGM) , Craiova(CRA) Bucharest(OTP), Cluj Napoca(CLJ) and Timisoara(TSR), often using rental cars to transit to and from these Airports.
4.1 What happens during the 'First Registration'?
Competitors who wish to compete answer a few questions:-
Which Race class, Competitor name, Email address, Nationality, Telephone number, and home address.
THEN they select - WITH accommodation package OR Without accommodation
Note:- If you select WITH accommodation, you can add 'Assistants-support crew, family & friends' WITH accommodation package to help ensure competitors and support teams are accommodated together.
THEN - make a 'full 100% payment' to secure a starting place OR make a first instalment payment of 50% which reserves a starting place as long as the second 50% payment is made before July 1. 2020
More information is sent to the email address that was entered in the registration. Note: It is important when registering that the email address entered belongs to a competitor, as we send regular and important information to keep them up to date about event logistics.
The entry fee includes:
Fuel at stops along the course for 4 strokes or 2 strokes/with 2 stroke oil already mixed into fuel.
Drinking water at fuel points on the track.
Snack meal at each Offroad day finish.
Romaniacs T shirt.
Note: For full details on what the entry fee includes Click here
The 6 days ' WITH accommodation competitor package', arrival Monday July 26 departure Sunday August 1.
The 'NON accommodation competitor package' means without accommodation, breakfast or evening meals.
Making a 'full 100% payment' secures a starting place in the 2021 Edition. A '50% instalment payment' RESERVES a starting place. The full event entry amount 100% or (2 x50%) must be received before July 1. 2020 to SECURE a starting place.
If competitors have technical problems making a credit card bank payments, then try again to make a payment using their 'competitor account number' then clicking [Make payment] (each competitors account number is sent in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org after a successful registration) If you still cannot make a payment using the competitor account please contact Cristina Badiu email@example.com
4.2 Competitor account - Full registration details
Competitors MUST add into their online 'Competitor account
- telephone number of the mobile phone they will carry when racing.
- Contact details of their 'WITH accommodation' Assistants-support crew, family and friends
- Supplier company name for 'Race servicing / Rental Motorcycles
If competitors wish a fast and smooth inscription process in Sibiu they MUST complete ALL the questions requested in their Romaniacs 'Competitor account', BEFORE arriving at the Inscription desk on Monday July 26. Competitors will be not be allowed to pass the 'Inscription desk' nor allowed to race until all essential questions are answered online.
A 'Competitors account number' is sent in ALL registration emails from Cristina Badiu firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a competitor wishes to amend his 'Name' or 'race class' or have other questions please contact Cristina Badiu email@example.com
Note: For those who made a first 50% payment, the second 50% payment must be made before July 1. 2021 to secure their starting place.
The competitor account can be accessed 24 hours per day, 7 days of the week until Inscription closes for competitors to add, amend or update information.
4.3 Accommodation for Assistants, support crew, family.
This additional services is available, 6 days arrival Monday July 26 departure Sunday August 1
Competitors who purchased ''WITH accommodation'' can add an accommodation package for 'Assistants-support crew, family and friends' anytime by entering their ''personal competitor account''. The competitor account number is found in emails sent to competitors from firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend competitors to add Assistants-support crew, family and friends to their competitor acounts so that they can all be accommodated in the same building & location.
If competitors have technical problems in making payment(s) please contact Cristina Badiu email@example.com
4.4 Additional services (SPECIAL request)
- Single person bedroom occupancy for competitors, support crew, family.
- We can also provide double or triple rooms
- Additional accommodation days
- Rental vehicles
- airport transfers from Bucharest-Romania / Budapest-Hungary, Cluj Napoca airport-Romania, taxis from Sibiu airport.
- sight seeing tours
- additional specialist hotel services.
These additional charge services can be ordered by emailing Crina Ujupan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is required when ordering extra services:
- Name, Telephone number
- Do you come with a competitor? If yes, which one?
- Which additional service would you like to order and for how many persons?
4.5 Tyres & Mouses / Motorcycle race Service / Rental motorcycles
You can ONLINE pre-event order from the tyre companies suppliers in this list.
Competitors who wish to either 'rent a motorcycle' OR 'motorcycle rental and service package' OR a 'motorcycle service package' these companies have been supplying services to Red Bull Romaniacs competitors for many years.
4.6 Withdrawal from event Competitors
- before April 1 entry fee, minus 260€, minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
- after April 1 entry fee, minus 460€, minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
- after July 1 entry fee, minus 805€ minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
4.7 Withdrawal from event Assistants-support crew / family.
- before April 1 assistants fee, minus 70€, minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
- after April 1 assistants fee, minus 150€, minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
- after July 1 assistants fee, minus 250€, minus eventual commissions from your credit card supplier, will be returned.
If a cancellation or transfer is not announced by email to email@example.com all fees will be retained
5.0 Race licences and personal insurance
You should not apply for a 2021 motorcycle competiton race licence for competing in the Red Bull Romaniacs event until we advice you. We will inform you when the motorcycle Federation(s) have decided what their plan for 2021 is.
5.1 Public road driving Licence
It is the sole responsibility of competitors to have a valid public road vehicle driving licence that allows them to drive on public roads with the motorcycle they will use during the event.
- The motorcycles must be in a technical irreproachable condition. They must not exceed noise emission of 96 dB (A).
- Motocross, 'Trials' & Electric "E" motorcycles are allowed if they have vehicle registration papers and are fully road legal and fitted with working lights front and rear.
- It is the competitors responsibility for his motorcycle to be in a street legal and street legally insured condition.
- A functioning headlamp and rear light is necessary for safety and road vehicle legal reasons during the race.
- Competitor(s) who are driving without a functional light at nightfall (darkness) may be disqualified.
- The front mudguard, above headlamp, and the rear side panels must not have any stickers applied. Competitors race numbers will be issued at Inscription, transponders for race timing & Red Bull Romaniacs graphics will be added in these areas.
- The organiser is authorised not to allow motorcycles with technical problems to take part in the event.
5.3 Race number (Bib number)
- The competitors race numbers stickers are issued by the organisers.
- They must be clearly and visibly positioned on the front, on the right and on the left of the motorcycle.
- Only the racing number stickers isssued by Red Bull Romaniacs officials may be used! (front and side panel numbers)
- Competitors must wear the provided 'Competitor name and race number' Bib on the rear of race shirt or rucksack.
- It is the competitors responsibility to ask the organisers for a replacement sticker or any other mandatory sticker handed out by the organiser, if it is not readable any more.
Advisory notice: Competitors should carry a COPY of the Registration document and valid insurance with them when riding motorcycles anywhere, before, during and after the event. It is the competitors responsibility to ensure motorcycle rental companies provide this.
The vehicle registration number should always be visible on the motorcycle.
(Suggestion - Stickers with the registration number should be displayed on top of the rear mudguard and also just below the rear brake light).
Warning :- If a competitor is 'time delayed' by Police becauce they are unable to produce motorcycle vehicle documents or have no registration number fitted to the motorcycle, this time delay belongs to the competitor, no event time back will be given back.
5.4 Fuel supply (refuelling)
- Fuel at stops along the course for 4 strokes or 2 strokes with oil injection or 2 stokes with Liqui Moly 2 stroke oil already mixed into fuel.
Liqui Moly 2 stroke oil to fill up oil tanks for 2 stroke oil injection bikes is provided at the entrance to the Competitor paddock
- Refuel ONLY with the engine turned off.
- In the refuel areas there is a strict smoking interdiction!
- Only one fuel-stop is mandatory, the rest of the fuel stops count to the race time.
- Further details of refuelling stops will be provided ONLINE in the afternoon/evening before the next days race.
5.5 Changing of motorcycle parts/ Repair / Service
- Competitor paddock and the daily service points are reachable by service vehicles.
- The frame of the motorcycle may NOT be changed at any time during the Red Bull Romaniacs hard enduro rallye.
- Registration/ motorcycle insurance documents cannot change from those submitted during inscription.
- It is not permitted to fit NEW tyres or 'another set of wheels with NEW tyres' anywhere on the race track between the 'Offroad Start' & 'Offroad Finish' or at the daily service points.
- There are no restrictions on the changing mechanical parts this can be done anywhere, anytime.
- Repairing competitors motorcycles beside the race track is permitted as long as no competitor(s) are being obstructed.
We will take you into the wilderness where bears and wolves live and into high altitudes in the mountains where the local weather can at times be extreme. For YOUR safety we WILL check if you are carrying YOUR survival equipment. For any missing equipment we will penalise you with a 30 minute ridetime penalty.
6.0 You must race with:-
- An alcohol based hand cleaning fluid. (Small 50ml plastic flask)
- carry a medical mask(in backpack), a bandana or 'Huff' is usefull.
- 1 GPS per competitor
- 1 set of spare batteries 'AA or AAA' for GPS (unless has permanent re-charge battery)
- 1 GSM mobile phone in waterproof packaging (able to phone out and receive calls)
- 1 lighter
- 1 torch (flashlight)
- 6 smoke rocket-flares or 2 red hand-held smoke flares
- 1 distress mirror
- 1 Litre of water (minimum)
- 1 foil survival blanket
- 1 wind and waterproof jacket
- 1 pencil + contact number + first aid medical assistance form (provided at Inscription)
- 1 spare spark plug
- 1 tool set for basic repairing
- 1 motorcycle tube or repairing set, if no mousse or tubliss system is fitted
- Local Romanian currency - minimum 100 Lei
- Helmet and googles.
- A competitors failure to produce working navigation/phone/safety equipment at any time when requested by event officials during the event will result in time penalties or disqualification from the competition. During the race, controls can be made at the 'offroad start(s)' , 'service points' or 'offroad finish' or any checkpoint/tankpoint to ensure that competitors during are carrying the required survival equipment. A 30 minute time penalty WILL be added to a competitors result if they fail to carry essential survival equipment.
Competitors MUST complete ALL online registration questions and race with a ''working in Romania" phone' which uses the number that they have entered into their registration 'competitor account'. The phone number can be added and amended by competitors in their registration 'competitor account' anytime before Inscription. A competitors 'registration account number' can be found in registration emails sent by Cristina Badiu firstname.lastname@example.org
6.1 Contact numbers
Competitors MUST carry a mobile phone during racing.
These phone numbers should be already be pre-installed on competitors phones.
Medical Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 Medical Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
Motorcycle breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - Motorcycle breakdown assistance (motorcycle not able to continue, competitor needs assistance)
Note:- It is the responsibility of competitors to provide help to enable their motorcycles and themselves to be recovered from any Offroad location where a motorcycle breakdown may occur. Recovery can be performed with the ''organising assistance'' of our motorcycle breakdown assistance contact. This is to ensure 'recovery vehicles' or 'assisting helpers' are not travelling against the race track.
Competitors MUST provide contact name(s) and phone number(s) of anyone who is assisting them during the event, this includes 'renting motorcycle' , 'motorcycle service package' companies, their contact details can be used to co-ordinate and assist competitor and motorcycle recovery.
Note: If a competitor leaves the race track for ANY reason they MUST and as soon as possible contact the race HQ using the medical or breakdown phone numbers supplied.
When returing homewards competitors, MUST stop and present themselves either at the 'Offroad Finish' checkpoint OR go directly to the 'Competitor paddock' checkpoint and hand-in their GPS.
IMPORTANT we know where competitors are, then sweepers teams, track staff, medical teams, do not waste time and energy searching.
A helicopter, off-road vehicles, off-road motorcycles with emergency medical aid teams, as well as ambulances offers their services to each competitor during the whole event.
At previous editions the rescue teams arrived in about 25 minutes at the accident site, but due to different terrain and weather conditions, a maximum intervention time of 2 hours 30 minutes can be guaranteed.
- In the event of a medical evacuation the helicopter rescue cost will have to be covered by competitors. The cost of helicopter flying time is 1300 euro per hour.
- We ask competitors to obtain insurance cover for Medivac flight transportation back to their own country.
This insurance cover can often be provided by the Motorcycle governing body (federation) of the country competitors come from.
- Switch off all battery consuming apps and ''Social media apps'' to preserve your mobile phone battery charge.
- Carry a phone 'external battery pack' or have a 'cable connection to battery(USB)' fitted to ensure you are able to stay in contact with your service crew team if a time consuming motorcycle breakdown assistance or contact with the HQ medical rescue team is required. Ensure phone is fully charged every morning.
- Always carry at least 100 ron of local Romanian currency. If you leave the track during the event(Abandon racing), you may need to stop for fuel and some food and drink.
6.2 Assisting a medically injured competitor
Any conspicuous events during the race, regarding competitors, such as evidently injured competitor, MUST be announced to the Red Bull Romaniacs medical rescue team using the phone number(s):- Medical rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 Medical rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
In the case of an medically injured competitor, the first competitor who finds an injured competitor 'MUST' HELP. An injured competitor should never be left alone!!
If it is not possible to contact the Rescue team due to no phone signal, then the provided A4 ''First Aid medical assistance form' with all details filled in should be handed to another competitor. Ask them to phone the Romaniacs medical Rescue team as soon as phone coverage becomes available and provide the details on the ''First Aid medical assistance form''. In general there is GSM signal on most of the peaks and ridges but in some valleys there is no phone coverage.
Assisting Competitor(s) MUST use this ONLINE , ''Medical assistance time back claim' form. Finalising results are ''TIME limited", time back can only be provided before the results go OFFICIAL, Competitors do not delay phoning the Rescue team AND filling in the ONLINE form .
Competitors who assist a medically injured competitor can be given a ''calculated riding'' time so that their results are not affected by the time taken providing assistance until the medical rescue team arrives. The decision on what time to provide back to a competitor(s) who assisted a medically injured competitor is calculated by Race Director/Rescue Manager or in case of official disputes by the Race Jury.
Remember:- it will always be worth helping!
- Competitors hand-in their GPS(s) at the Inscription at the Race HQ and then receive it back each event day in the morning. If a competitors GPS has a built in battery you need to also hand-in the charger suitable for 220V with EU Plug. We will install NEW AA/AAA batteries daily for competitors with GPS using disposable batteries.
- We will delete ALL data from competitors handed-in GPS (including old GPG recordings and maps). Be sure to make a backup before you give us your GPS.
- A good GPS mounting is essential - be sure to buy one in advance as you cannot easily find one in Sibiu/Romania before the event. Take care in mounting the GPS, reducing vibration or GPS device movement during racing can prevent the GPS from damage, from suffering from poor or irregular recordings which attract time penalties.
7.1 Romaniacs GPS racetracks – How are they named?
GPS devices have the racetrack uploaded as a “custom map” - this hides all other maps on the device and can not be deactivated easily by mistake. Just turn on the GPS and go to the map screen. The race track looks like a road.
Example: map name = 21day3B This is romaniacs event year 20'21', Offroad 'day 3', 'B'ronze Class,
Year, TTQ, G, S, B, I, A
Year, Day 1, G, S, B, I, A
Year, Day 2, G, S, B, I, A
Year, Day 3, G, S, B, I, A
Year, Day 4, G, S, B, I, A
Why does GPS need to be set to record?
- Competitors will get large time penalties for not having a recording.
- Learn how to activate the "Track recording/Track log/TrackBack" in the GPS before arriving in Sibiu. It is the competitors responsibility to make sure that their GPS records during the race. Check the manual of the GPS to understand this setting.
IMPORTANT: In order to be sure that you have the right racetrack, you should check it when you pick up your GPS in the morning that you have the right 'custom map name'. The GPS team can correct any errors fast on the spot. For any problems regarding GPS during the race, you can call the number +40 741 617924 (Andrei Dragan Radulet).
Competitors MUST carry tools needed to mount or dismount their GPS
After competitors dismount their GPS and hand it/them in at the GPS flag at the 'Offroad finish'. Our Red Bull Romaniacs GPS team download the recorded track.
If competitors due to mechanical, injuries or any other reason abandon the race day they must hand-in their GPS at either the "GPS flag" at the Offroad finish if passing it, or at the at the ''Competitor paddock checkpoint''. All GPS tracks are downloaded and checked.
Note:- a competitors failure to hand-in their GPS('s) or failure to provide a ''complete recorded track'' will attract large time penalties!
For any problems regarding GPS devices before, during, or after the race. You have broken your GPS?. Your GPS is failing. Call Andrei Dragan Radulet +40 741 617924 NOTE:- This service is not available during event between the hours of 20:00-05:00
7.3 Which Garmin GPS device?
To find out which Garmin GPS devices are allowed please view below list. New suitable models are added each year, if the Garmin GPS you wish to use is not on the list please send an email to Andrei Dragan Radulet email@example.com to check if we can accept this Garmin GPS.
Colorado Series: 300, 400c, 400i, 400t
Dakota Series: 10, 20
Touch 25, 35
10, 20, 20x, 30, 30x, 35t
Legend C, CX, H, HCX
Venture CX, HC
Vista C, CX, H, HCX
Foretrex Series: 101, 201, 301, 401
Geko Series: 201, 301
GPS Series: GPS 60
GPS Map Series:
60, 60 C, 60 CSX, 60 CX
62, 62 S, 62 SC, 62 ST, 62 STC,
64, 64 S, 64ST
76 C, 76 CS, 76 CSX, 76 CX
78, 78 S, 78 SC
276 C, 376 C, 378, 478
Montana Series: 600, 610, 650, 650 T, 680
Monterra Series: 010-01065-00, 010-01065-03
Nüvi Series: 500, 550
200, 300, 400 C, 400 i, 400 T, 450, 450 T
550, 550 T, 600, 600 T, 650, 650 T, 700, 750
Rino Series: 520, 530, 610, 650, 520 HCX, 530 HCX, 655 T
Zumo Series: 220, 340LM, 550, 590LM, 660, 665
- Each competitor will receive their class GPS track map for the Time trial qualification and each Offroad day as well as important co-ordinates uploaded.
- Each competitor must have at least ONE functioning GPS at all times, set on record.
- The use of 2 or more GPS´s per competitor is permitted, all must be set on record (trackback feature). An additional charge of 35 € per additional GPS will be made for uploading, downloading tracks and providing batteries.
- The track has Blue=right way/Yellow=wrong way 'route banners', class separation markers at intersections, checkpoint flags and Red Bull start and offroad finish Arches.
Class separation markers at intersections.
Time trial qualification(TTQ) - Evaluation
- A competitors (TTQ) results rank determines their starting order for the 'Offroad day 1' race.
- The riding time of a competitor is calculated by adding the actual riding time on the track plus any given time penalties and is included in the overall event results
- All the Regulations for offroad days are applied, ONLY the abandoned rule(AB) will NOT be applied .
Offroad day 1 starting order for the top 3 in each class- Podium place #3 becomes the first competitor to leave the offroad day 1 start, Podium place #2 becomes second. place #1 becomes third. All other competitors starting order is selected in order of qualification results #4 to the last competitor.
What does the 'Time trial qualifications' racetrack look like?
- It will be approximately 8 to 18 kilometres in length, depending on the competitor race class, each competitor will have a race track 'difficulty level' suitable for the class they are competing in There will be starting time intervals to avoid start and race track queuing.
Qualifications - Rules and regulations
The 'time trial qualification' starting line order is selected from previous year results ranking and then by order of registered and paid.
Motorcycles and competitors to offroad 'start line' where controls will be made:-
- Competitors Bib # racing numbers have been fitted above headlamp & and on rear panels
- Have the supplied Red Bull organiser sponsor front mudguard stickers been fitted
- Competitors must wear the provided 'Competitor name and race number' Bib on the rear of race shirt or rucksack.
- Carry required rescue equipment. Regulations section 6.0
Offroad days 1-4 - Evaluation
- The organisers publish the “maximum riding time limit” for the next Offroad day ONLINE, it includes the mandatory stop time at the 'Service point'' and includes the time needed if there is ''timed liaison(s)' during the event.
- The riding time of a competitor is calculated by adding the actual riding time on the track plus any given time penalties. (see section 9. Rules and penalties)
- The sum of the total amount of time of each stage (start to finish) is valuated.
The winner is the competitor who achieves the lowest riding time.
The Race Director has the right to disqualify competitors in case of unfair behaviour or in the case of course fouls.
- If a competitors riding time means they will not reach the finish(maximum riding time) they will be asked to leave the race track at a checkpoint and directed back to the Offroad finish or Competitor paddock. (the competitor has been time barred)
- If a competitor ‘’leaves the race track’’ at a checkpoint before the finish they must follow instructions provided at the checkpoint or follow the abandon track(AB) on their GPS.
- The competitor MUST present their motorcycle and dis-mount and hand-in their GPS and rescue map at the GPS flag at the ''Offroad finish checkpoint" OR at the ''Competitor paddock checkpoint".
- If the Race Director decides that a section of the course has become impassable due to weather conditions, queuing or other factors outside his control, or if the estimated "maximum days riding time" is no longer achievable then they have the right to remove time taken between checkpoints or finish the race earlier and adjust the results accordingly as needed.
- Our guarantee is that at least 40% of competitors each day will be finishers in the results.
8.0 Results - Day / Overall
LIVE results and LIVE event news are available.
Day - includes LIVE race progress DURING the days race. The rank changes depending on who is leading the race.
You can view competitors 'Checkpoint arrival times', 'timebar times', 'ride times' between checkpoints and the 'differential times' from the fastest competitor between checkpoints.
Overall - Includes LIVE OVERALL race progress during the race and the results of any previous Offroad days & Time trial qualification.
Note:- When Live - the ranking changes as competitors reach each checkpoint. (The results become OFFICIAL when competitors have finished the race and any GPS offtrack penalties and competitors results protest time has expired.)
8.1 Timebar times
- Competitors must reach each checkpoint before the timebar time that is displayed in each offroad Day 'results'.
- If the timebar time is RED(Example time
04:05:58) then the competitor has arrived too late at that checkpoint and now has the status AB = Abandoned.
- Competitors should follow the 'Abandoned GPS track' or follow provided written instructions how to leave the race track at that checkpoint and to go direct to the offroad finish/competitor paddock. If leaving the track always phone Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 or Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322 - so no one is searching for you.
Abandoned GPS track
8.2 Abandonment - out of race
All competitors who have left the course MUST go to either the 'Offroad finish checkpoint' OR the 'Competitors Paddock checkpoint' and hand-in the rescue map, dismount and hand-in their GPS at the GPS FLAG. Competitors MUST carry with them tools needed to dismount their own GPS.Then we know competitors are safely home and THEN can be included in the days results and next days starting list.
In the case of abandoning the race track between checkpoints it is important that the competitor phones the Red Bull Romaniacs medical rescue team and let them know you are leaving or have have left the race track. Contact either:-
Medical Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884, Medical Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322, Motorcycle breakdown 0040 731 270 881 ,
A competitors failure to respect the obligation to inform the organisers in the case of retirement, abandonment or disqualification and where search operations have been carried out will result in the competitor being liable for the financial costs of these search operations.
A competitors failure to hand in their GPS & rescue map at the Offroad Finish or Competitor Paddock Finish will result in a first time warning which will be displayed in results, if happens again then will become Disqualified from competing. Disqualified or abandoned competitors are only allowed to continue on the race track with the express permission of Race Director
8.3 Protests, complaints, objections
Results and ''results investigations'' are time limited
Therfore competitors should view their Results on their phones:-
- soon after arrival at the 'Offroad finish'
- on the way back to competitor paddock
- when back at the Competitor Paddock
- or as soon as arriving at accommodation
WARNING:- The results team/medical team have a limited amount of time to investigate claims BEFORE results become OFFICIAL. Once a competitors results have been published and 2 hours have passed from each competitors ''Results published time'', a 'Results protest'' or ''First aid medical assistance'' time back claim may no longer be accepted.
- Competitor results protests must be made ONLINE using this form. Verbal protest(s), phone call(s), third party complainers, messages sent by whatsapp, messenger, facebook or via email are not accepted.
- 'Agreeable complaints or objections', will be considered by the Race Director.
In the case of an ''official protest'' a meeting will take place to consider this. Official protests must be in writing and a protest fee of 130 € has to be posted, if the protest is upheld then the protest fee will be returned.
In the case of an accepted Official written protest(s) with the paid protest fee, the arbitrator is the Race Director, the supreme jury of Red Bull Romaniacs is the Race jury, formed by a representative of the event organisers and a representative of the Federation of Romanian Motorcycles.(FRM).
- When driving in a Liaision competitors are NOT racing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to drive with due care and attention, all traffic laws apply and road legal conditions apply whether competitors are on a road, forest road or any track used by other members of the public.
- Competitors Liaision Point in time(LPin) is taken, then their Liaision Point out clock time(LPout) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
- Plenty of riding time is provided to allow competitors to make the transit from LPin to the LPout. Some ''Waiting time'' at the LPout is always included.
- It is the competitors responsibility to present themself to the Liaision point(LPout) at their given starting time
During a Liaison competitors are NOT racing, so there is no need to speed and there are no benefits for doing so.
Speeding Competitors may be stopped - financially fined by police, given a driving licence suspension and be event time penalised for speeding,
(Read regulations 9.3 Speeding over limit - time penalties).
The GPS recorded track of the competitor will be taken into consideration in the resolution of a protest or for judging cases of penalty or disqualification.
9.0 At the start of each day
- Competitors get the start times and exact starting procedure from ONLINE track details and competitor & service crew briefing(s) during the afternoon/evening before each race day.
- It is the competitors responsibility to present themselves at the Red Bull Starting Arch at their 'given start time'. Competitors are scanned and 'held in position at the start line' until their exact starting time.
- A competitor presenting themselves over 60 minutes late at the start (Offroad or paddock start) means they have abandoned(AB) this day.
- If a competitor is late 'less than' 60 minutes at the start, the GIVEN start time is used (Not the competitors late arrival time at the start).
- Riding with unreadable competitor numbers at the Time trial qualification or Offroad days will result in a 10 minute time penalty being added to results.
- Because of the exposed routing, competitors must treat contacts with other competitors (overtaking), carefully and respectfully.
9.1 Assisting competitors on the track
- 15 minute time penalty will be applied to any competitor being verbally or physically assisted to aid their track progress by their assistants, service crews, family, friends, fans or Media on ANY part of the race track. It is the Competitors reponsibility to STOP people from assisting!! Competitors may be assisted only by ''OFFICIAL Romaniacs track staff'' who will be available to advice competitors at the toughest and most difficult sections.
Assisting Romaniacs staff will have a CIA badge
9.2 Checkpoint Rules
CheckPoints(CP) are timing points (competitors passage time is recorded). They are clearly indicated on the track by yellow and white flags. Overtaking within the checkpoints flags is not allowed
- For competitors safety:- it is important that the organisers know where competitors are on the track, therefore competitors must STOP at all checkpoints(CP).
- A competitors failure to reach a checkpoint or NOT stopping at checkpoint equals an abandonment of the days race(AB status) and leads to substantial time penalties. Failure to reach a checkpoint or NOT stopping at a checkpoint on 2 offroad days = 2xAB=DSQ - Disqualification.
- Not reaching a checkpoint before a competitors TIME BAR time equals status abandoned(AB) for that days race, the competitor must leave the race track. Failure to leave race track using the provided Abandoned track equals event disqualification.
GPS abandon track
- The competitor MUST present their motorcycle and dis-mount and hand-in their GPS and rescue map either at the GPS flag at ''Offroad finish checkpoint" or if left the track must hand-in their GPS at the ''Competitor paddock checkpoint" as soon as possible. NO DELAYS must take place in handing in GPS.
- If a competitor leaves the "race track’’ at a checkpoint before the Offroad finish they must follow the 'GPS Abandon track' or follow the wrtitten instructions provided. Phone Medical Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 or Medical Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322 to advise them you have left the race track.
- For missing or not reaching a checkpoint an inflated "missed track" penalty time will be given. A competitors actual riding time between missed checkpoints will be removed.
- Loss of timekeeping chip= 15 min penalty
9.3 Speeding over limit - Speeding time penalties.
Near villages and houses keep your speed low. In Romania many children play on the street and are attracted by the motorcycles. If caught speeding by Police and detained/delayed your race time will NOT be given back. If caught speeding by Romaniacs organisers, speeding time penalties will be added to you race time.
Warning: Speeding time penalties WILL be applied at each speed check location = A competitor can therfore receive more than 1 speeding penalty per day.
- There are speed signs in competitors GPS tracks.
20 means drive less than 20 km per hour
25 means drive less than 25 km per hour
30 means drive less than 30 km per hour
50 means drive less than 50 km per hour
If a competitor drives greater than 10 Kilometres(km) per hour over the speed limit they will be given a speeding time penalty which is added to their race''ride time''
> 10 km per hour over the speed limit = 5 minute speeding time penalty
Warning speed signs !
9.4 GPS Rules
Poor recording of GPS track :- 10 minutes penalty OR a calculated penalty time after Race Director(s) analysis.
- No track recorded :- 30 minutes penalty or a calculated penalty time after Race Director(s) analysis
- Repeat offenders = disqualification(DSQ) from the event.
- Riding off the track, taking short cuts, being more than 40 meters either side of track, the competitor will get a calculated penalty time provided through Race Director(s) analysis or will get penalty of 60 minutes or more.
- If a competitor gets lost (leaves the race track) he must re-enter the track using the same GPS route to avoid receiving time penalties.
- If a competitor gives thier GPS(s) to another competitor this must be communicated to GPS manager Andrei Dragan Radulet +40 741 617924 failure to do this will lead to a 15 minute penalty to the competitor receiving the GPS.
NOTE:- Andrei Dragan Radulet +40 741 617924 is not available during the event between the hours of 20:00-05:30 .
- A competitors failure to hand in thier GPS at the 'GPS flag' at the 'Offroad finish' at or at the 'Competitor paddock checkpoint' will result in ''additional no track penalties'' and NO GPS track for following offroad day.
9.5 At the Finish
- Not reaching the offroad finish means a competitor has abandoned. (Has status AB)
- Not reaching the offroad finish within the days maximum riding time means a competitor has abandoned (Has status AB)
- Abandoning on two days means competitor disqualification (Has status 2xAB=DSQ)
- GPS and Rescue map - The GPS should be dismounted by the competitor and handed-in with the rescue map at the GPS FLAG. Competitors must carry tools needed to dismount their GPS.
- A competitors failure to hand in their GPS and rescue map = huge time penalties in results.
Competitors may ride next day on the race track after disqualification ONLY on the discretion of the Race Director or race organisers.
These competitors will no longer be included in any official results.
9.6 Miscellaneous Rules
- Competitors riding against the race direction = disqualification
- Competitors Not riding on the track in the competition class they entered will lead to becoming abandoned(AB)on that race day or event disqualified(DSQ).
Riding on banner/marked Red Bull Romaniacs tracks before the event is not permitted.
- Participants will be disqualified from competing in Red Bull Romaniacs.
- Participants entry fee will not be returned.
Competitors found using an 'Onboard personal camera' without permission will be disqualified from the race immediately.
9.7 Closing the race track
- As it is impossible to guarantee that the sweeper will pass by the exact spot where a motorcycle has broken down, it is the competitors responsibility to provide the GPS co-ordinates of where he and the broken motorcycle is to Motorcycle breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - our breakdown assistance.
We will assist competitors with what they can do to repair their motorcycle to be able to continue or will assist them with information how to get off the mountains/tracks to a road safely, we are NOT providing a ''motorcycle recovery service'' from the track back to Sibiu.
If there is no phone signal at this location. Competitors should write down their race number, their GPS location on the ''First Aid medical assistance form' AND write a request for ''motorcycle and competitor breakdown assistance' then ask a passing competitor to take the form and phone-in the details to Motorcycle breakdown 0040 731 270 881 when there is a phone signal.
- If a sweeper finds a 'broken down motorcycle and competitor' he will instruct the competitor what to do, and provide help whenever possible.
- Competitors who abandon their motorcycle before the passage of the sweeper do so entirely at their own responsibility. The organisers can in no way be held responsible in case of damage or theft. Competitors who don’t follow the sweeper’s instructions do so entirely at their own responsibility. However, the competitor may be held responsible for search and rescue costs, resulting from their decision of not obeying the sweeper’s instructions. Retrieval of a competitors machine left on the track cannot be guaranteed by the organiser, however, help will be provided whenever possible.
- The organisers motorcycle 'sweepers' close the enduro rallye race track.
Start - The offroad start time. This is the ''given time'' to competitors, it is their responsibility to present themselves at the Red Bull Arch starting line.
CP - displays arrival time at each CheckPoint.
Timebar time - Competitors much reach each checkpoint before the displayed time. If the timebar time is RED Example
12:05:58 then the competitor has arrived too late, they are now status AB = Abandoned and must leave the race track and follow the 'GPS Abandon track' and go directly to the Offroad finish or Competitor paddock.
Ride time - track riding time between checkpoints.
Difference - The difference in ride time between competitors. +0s (= zero seconds) is the fastest competitor between checkpoints. Example = If the time shown against another competitor is +2m30s this means that competitor was + 2 minutes 30 seconds slower than the fastest competitor.
Not used - This text is displayed when a race class does not go to that checkpoint
CP SPin - arrival time at the CheckPoint Service Point in
SPout - departure time from the Service Point out - Competitors cannot leave the Service Point out BEFORE their given time.
The CP SPin time is taken, then their SPout (departure time) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
Competitors can stay longer if they wish to rest or repair motorcycles, but this time is adding to their overall race time.
If there is a ''between checkpoints'' Liaision
CP LPin - arrival time at the Liaision Point in CheckPoint
LP out - departure time at the Liaision Point out - Competitors are not allowed to leave the Liaision Point out BEFORE their given time.
The CP LPin time is taken, then the LP out (departure time) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
Warning : When driving in a Liaison competitors are NOT racing, so there is no need to speed and no benefits for doing so. It is the competitor’s responsibility to drive with due care and attention, all traffic laws apply and road legal conditions apply whether competitors are on a road, forest road or any track used by other members of the public.
Speeding Competitors may be stopped - financially fined by police, given a driving licence suspension and be 'event time penalised' for speeding.
Start / CP
This is used ONLY when a race class does not start to RACE at the 'offroad start' location, there is a "Transit track"
The race class departs the normal 'offroad start'' location at a given 'Transit track' start time. The Competitors have been provided with a GPS track and are given a relaxed 'riding time' to arrive early at the location where their race start is..
An Atom class competitor is provided with a 26 minute 'transit track'' to get to their RACING start at CP3
Transit start at: 08:08 (starting from the normal offroad start) A 26 minutes transit riding time has been provided, The Competitor follows the transit track on their GPS to the Atom class 'race start location' at CheckPoint 3.
Start / CP3 : 08:34 The Atom Competitor departs at 08:34. The RACING has begun.
The obligation to inform, in the case of abandonment, the rescue team Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322 is the sole responsibility of the competitor. A third party or person cannot be held responsible. The obligation to return to the organisers all material or equipment temporarily issued to competitors during the event.
In the case where a competitors motorcycle cannot continue on the race track, competitors MUST make a phone call to the Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - Motorcycle breakdown assistance to request help to get the motorcycle and competitor off the track to the nearest road so they can be picked up by either their service crew/motorcycle rental company or family and friends. Any vehicle repatriation is at the cost of competitors.
The obligation to pay all expenses not directly payable to the organisers, as stated in these regulations (e.g.: accommodation, return travel other than that planned, miscellaneous expenses etc.).
The obligation to respect the safety regulations during the race.
The obligation to respect the rules contained in the Covid 19 Terms of participation
Participants are Competitors, Competitor Assistants, Service crew, Service suppliers, Media personal, Organisers staff and volunteers.
- Exclusively all participants take part in the event on their own responsibility. They carry the exclusive civil and penal responsibility for all or any damages caused by their motor vehicles / motorcycles or actions. Every participants guarantees that he and his vehicles used are covered by liability insurance. If the participant is not the owner of the vehicle or motorcycle which he drives, he sets everyone, who is involved in the organisation of the event free of any claim of the proprietor. Any participant, who has suffered an accident or damage, renounces by handing in the enrolment-(Signed Registration or Inscription form and disclaimers), to any right on proceeding or resort over or against anyone involved in the organisation of the event, in particular towards:-
The organising companies
Lito SLU, Edifici Prats, Ctra. Prat Sobirans Bloc B 2.1, AD-400 Arinsal, Andorra.
Crazy Bike Club Sibiu, Str Moldoveanu nr 33, Sibiu, Romania.
SC Xventure SRL, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Hai la miscare, Asociatia Clubul Sportiv, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Federatia Romana de Motociclism (FRM), B-dul Bassarabia 37-39 Setor 2, Bucuresti, Romania
- The organisers, to his commissaries and helpers
- The owner of the event, the event promoter, used estate as well as towards the carrier of the build facilities and establishments along the track and his commissaries and helpers.
- Event sponsors.
In order to permit the widest possible dissemination and promotion of the Red Bull Romaniacs, any and all persons taking part in the Red Bull Romaniacs for any reason (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Competitors) acknowledge and agree that their participation in the competition grants to the organisers and assignees the irrevocable right to reproduce and display, without any compensation whatsoever, their name, likeness, voice, biography and history, and more generally, their sports performance in connection with the Red Bull Romaniacs, as well as the trade name(s), trade mark(s), brand(s) of their vehicle parts manufacturers, constructors and sponsors, in any and all forms, on any media (whether now existing or hereafter developed) and in any format, for all kinds of world-wide use, including advertising and/or commercial use without any restrictions whatsoever except for those mentioned hereinafter, and for the entire duration of the protection currently granted for such use by legal or statutory provisions, judicial and/or arbitral decisions of all countries, as well as international conventions (present and future), including eventual extensions that could be made to this duration.
Likewise, with the exception of books, photograph books, comic strips, in any form of publication, video cassettes, CD-ROMs, DVD's or more generally all video recording or videodiscs, on any kind of device and in any format whatsoever, dealing with all or part of the Red Bull Romaniacs, posters, travel diaries, autograph books, maps, official programs of the Red Bull Romaniacs, the organisers will not exploit or allow the exploitation of the individual image of the Competitor in the context of marketing by-products known as merchandising.
Share on your