Rules and Regulations
The Red Bull Romaniacs Edition 17 is written out according to the following guidelines: The Red Bull Romaniacs is an internationally known race authorised in Romania by the "Federatia Romana de Motociclism“(F.R.M) and will take place between July 21-25. 2020.
The competition race classes are:- Gold, Silver, Bronze, Iron, Atom.
Competitors who are not sure which race class corresponds to their enduro skill level, can find tips HERE.
The route consists of a Prolog event in the city centre of Sibiu and four offroad days in the Romanian Carpathian mountains.
Difficult, technically demanding daily stages on hilly landscapes are characteristics of the route and are manageable with standard hard enduro motorcycles with an autonomy of 80 km.
It is stated explicitly, that the selective characteristics of the route and the attainable maximum time for each section and each day are conditioned by the weather, perseverance and driving ability and can lead to a considerable failure ratio.
The entire route is fitted with shields, respectively colour marked.
Rescue maps will be provided by the organiser. (for emergency use only)
For safety reasons, the possession of a functioning Garmin GPS (see section 5.6 and 5.7 for more information) is necessary for each competitor.
The next days GPS track will be downloaded onto the competitors GPS by the organisers GPS technical team.
These competitor services are provided, click HERE for information.
The organisers are:-
Lito SLU, Edifici Prats, Ctra. Prat Sobirans Bloc B 2.1, AD-400 Arinsal, Andorra.
Crazy Bike Club Sibiu, Str Moldoveanu nr 33, Sibiu, Romania.
SC Xventure SRL, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Hai la miscare, Asociatia Clubul Sportiv, Str. Cetatii nr 34, 550160 Sibiu, Romania.
Federatia Romana de Motociclism (FRM), B-dul Bassarabia 37-39 Setor 2, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact person: Cristina Badiu
Str. Cetatii Nr. 34
Sibiu – Romania
Mobile +40 731 270 887
Phone calls accepted during daytime office hours 08:00-17:00 Eastern European time
If you need help with:-
- The online Registration process.
- have questions about the event, need assistance, contact email@example.com
Event Inscription - Sunday July 19 or Monday July 20
Prolog Time trial qualifications and Prolog Finals races - Tuesday July 21
Detailed information about the Prolog is HERE
Offroad race days 1-4 - Wednesday July 22 until Saturday July 25
Departure Day - Sunday July 26
More detailed information will be added closer to the event in the Race Programme
4.0 Event entry
Competitors do NOT need to produce nor have a National or an International competition licence to compete at Red Bull Romaniacs.
It is mandatory for ALL competitors at the event Inscription in Sibiu to obtain from the "Federatia Romana de Motociclism“(F.R.M) a race card(event permit), perform a medical check and purchase personal insurance coverage. The total cost of this service is 100 Euro.
4.1 Public road driving Licence
- It is the sole responsibility of competitors to have a valid public road vehicle driving licence that allows them to drive on public roads with the motorcycle they will use during the event.
4.2 Event Registration
- Registration opened on Wedneday October 23, 2019 10:00 EEST (Eastern European Summer Time) - Click HERE to register.
- The event basecamp is in Sibiu - For International competitors the closest airport is SIbiu International Airport(SBZ)
Other Romanian airports International competitors can use are Targu-Mures(TGM) , Craiova(CRA) Bucharest(OTP), Cluj Napoca(CLJ) and Timisoara(TSR) often using rental cars to transit to and from these Airports.
- International competitors who wish to rent a motorcycle and a servicing package for the event you can find HERE companies who have been successfully supplying these services to Red Bull Romaniacs competitors for many years.
- A questions and answers video all about the 2020 Red Bull Romaniacs featuring event organiser Martin Freinademetz with questions from Competitor Manager Cristina Badiu.
What happens during the 'First Registration'?
Competitors who wish to enter answer some questions:-
Which Race class, Competitor name, Email address, Nationality, Telephone number, and home address.
Then they select - WITH accommodation package OR Without accommodation
Note:- If you select WITH accommodation, you can add 'Assistants-support crew, family & friends' WITH accommodation package to help ensure competitors and support teams are accommodated together.
THEN - make a 'full 100% payment' to secure a starting place in the 2020 Edition.
OR make a first instalment payment of 50% which reserves a starting place as long as the second 50% payment is made before July 1. 2020
More information is sent to the email address that was entered in the registration.
Note: It is important when registering that the email address entered belongs to a competitor, as we send regular and important information to keep them up to date about event logistics.
We recommend competitors to register as soon as the Registration page opens and make the entry fee payment immediately with a Credit card/Debit Card as the starting places especially in the Bronze and Iron classes are limited and fill up quickly.
The entry fee includes:
- Fuel at stops along the course for 4 strokes or 2 strokes/with 2 stroke oil already mixed into fuel.
- Drinking water at all fuel points on the track.
- Snack meal at each Offroad day finish.
- Romaniacs T shirt.
- Finishers medal.
- closing party, party, party
Note: For full details on what the entry fee includes Click here
The 6 days 'accommodation competitor package', arrival Monday July 20 departure Sunday July 26.
When paying the competitor entry fee an accommodation package for 'Assistants-support crew / family / friends' can also be purchased.
After a competitor has registered and paid to enter, Assistants-support crew / family / friends with accomodation package can also be added online ANYTIME by competitors by entering their ''personal competitor account''. The competitor account number is found in emails sent to competitors from firstname.lastname@example.org
The 'NON accommodation competitor package' means without accommodation, breakfast or evening meals.
- Making a 'full 100% payment' secures a starting place in the 2020 Edition.
- A '50% instalment payment' RESERVES a starting place. The full event entry amount 100% or (2 x50%) must be received before July 1, 2020 to SECURE a starting place.
Click HERE to Register to get a starting place.
If competitors have technical problems making a credit card bank payments, try again to make a payment using the 'competitor account number' then clicking [Make payment]
(each competitors account number is sent in an email after a successful register)
If you still cannot make a payment using the competitor account please contact Cristina Badiu email@example.com
4.3 Competitor account - online form
- 'Express Inscription at Race HQ Hotel 21-25 July'
If competitors wish a faster and smoother inscription they MUST complete ALL the questions requested in their Romaniacs 'Competitor account' before it closes on Friday 10 July at 23:59.
Note: The Romaniacs 'competitor account ' number/link is sent in all emails after the first registration questions have been asked.
For competitors who have secured (100% paid) or reserved (made first 50% payment), they MUST add into their online 'Competitor account':-
- telephone number of working mobile phone they will carry during the event.
- Add contact details of Assistants (service crew, family & friends) if they have paid an accommodation package for them during the registration. (Note: for pre-booking accommodation)
- Rental motorcycle, contact details. (Note: IF using a rental bike)
- Motorcycle event Service support, contact details. (Note: IF using a motorcycle event service company)
Note: For those who have made a first 50% payment, the second 50% payment must be made before June 20, 2020 to secure their reserved starting place.
Note: The competitor account can be accessed 24 hours per day, 7 days of the week until July 1 23:59 for competitors to add, amend or update information.
If a competitor wishes to amend any details after 23:59 10 July, they must email change request(s) or updates to Cristina Badiu firstname.lastname@example.org
4.4 Accomodation for ‘’Assistants-support crew / family / friends’’, Additional services
- 6 days Accommodation for ‘’Assistants-support crew / family / friends’’
is available, arrival Monday July 20, departure Sunday July 26.
Competitors who have registered and paid, please go to their ''Competitor account'' (link provided in email) to order Assistants accommodation and pay by credit/debit card.
We recommend competitors to add Assistants-support crew / family / friends to their competitor acounts so that they are all accommodated in the same building & location.
If competitors have technical problems in making payment(s) please contact email@example.com
- Single person bedroom occupancy for competitors, support crew, family, friends
- We can also provide double or triple rooms
- Additional accommodation days
- Rental vehicles
- airport transfers from Bucharest-Romania / Budapest-Hungary, Cluj Napoca airport-Romania, taxis from Sibiu airport.
- sight seeing tours
- additional specialist hotel services.
These additional charge services can be ordered by emailing Crina Ujupan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is required when ordering extra services:
- Name, Telephone number
- Do you come with a competitor? If yes, which one?
- Which additional service would you like to order and for how many persons?
5.1 Motorcycles and inspection:
- The motorcycles must be in a technical irreproachable condition. They must not exceed noise emission of 96 dB (A).
- Motocross, 'Trials' & Electric "E" motorcycles are allowed only if they have vehicle registration papers and are fully road legal and fitted with working lights front and rear.
- It is the competitors responsibility for his motorcycle to be in a street legal and street legally insured condition.
- A functioning headlamp and rear light is necessary for safety and road vehicle legality reasons during the race.
- Competitor(s) who are driving without a functional light at nightfall (darkness) may be disqualified.
- The organiser is authorised not to allow motorcycles with technical problems to take part in the event.
- The front mudguard, above headlamp, and the rear side panels must not have any stickers applied. Competitors race numbers will be issued at Inscription, transponders for race timing & Red Bull Romaniacs graphics will be added in these areas.
- Competitors should carry a COPY of the Registration document and valid insurance with them when riding motorcycles anywhere, before, during and after the event. It is the competitors responsibility to ensure motorcycle rental companies provide this.
- The registration number should always be visible on the motorcycle.
(Suggestion - Stickers with the registration number should be displayed on top of the rear mudguard and also just below the rear brake light).
Warning :- If a competitor is 'time delayed' by Police becauce they are unable to produce motorcycle vehicle documents or have no registration number fitted to the motorcycle, this time delay belongs to the competitor, no event time back will be given back.
5.2 The changing of motorcycle parts
- The frame of the motorcycle may not be changed at any time during the Red Bull Romaniacs hard enduro rallye.
- It is not permitted to fit NEW tyres or 'another set of wheels with NEW tyres' anywhere on the race track between the 'Offroad Start' & 'Offroad Finish' or at the daily Service Points.
5.3 Fuel supply (refuelling)
- Fuel at stops along the course for 4 strokes or 2 strokes/with 2 stroke oil already mixed into fuel.
- Refuel ONLY with the engine turned off.
- In the refuel areas there is a strict smoking interdiction!
- Only one fuel-stop is mandatory, the rest of the fuel stops count to the race time.
- Further details on the position and procedure of the refuel stops will be made known at the competitor briefing in the hotel race HQ at 21.00 before each race day.
5.4 Repair, service
- All service points will be reachable by service cars.
- Repairing competitors motorcycles beside the race track is only allowed if no other competitor(s) are being obstructed.
5.5 Starting number
- The starting numbers will be handed out by the organisers.
- They must be clearly and visibly positioned on the front, on the right and on the left of the motorcycle.
- Only the handed out starting numbers by Red Bull Romaniacs officials may be used! (front and side panel numbers)
- It is the competitors responsibility to ask the organisers for a replacement number or any other mandatory sticker handed out by the organiser, if it is not readable any more.
5.6 Navigation technology
- Additional to the fact, that the route is fitted with banners/markers and as a backup for fog or darkness, each competitor will receive the track of each Offroad day as well as important co-ordinates for example refuel-areas, finish, hotels etc, uploaded by the organisers onto the GPS.
- Each competitor must have at least ONE functioning GPS at all times.
- The use of 2 or more GPS´s per competitor is permitted, all must be set on record (trackback feature). An additional charge of 35 € per additional GPS will be made for uploading, downloading tracks and providing batteries.
- It is the Competitors responsibility to dismount their GPS and hand-in it/them at the GPS FLAG at the Offroad finish or the 'Competitor Paddock checkpoint'.
A Competitor MUST carry the tools needed to mount or dismount their GPS.
- The power supply of the GPS by power coming from the vehicle and/or from the batteries during the whole race is the responsibility of the competitor.
5.7 Garmin GPS details
- Competitors who bring a GPS with integrated rechargeable battery, need to hand in the AC adaptor for the GPS; or the GPS will not be accepted.
- NEW batteries will be supplied by the Red Bull Romaniacs GPS team, they will be inserted each night into a competitors GPS.
- If a participant loses or damages his/her GPS, a GPS technician needs to be informed.
Allowed Garmin GPS
Competitors can choose any GPS from the list below but we prefer those GPS which have USB connector.
Colorado Series: 300, 400c, 400i, 400t
Dakota Series: 10, 20
Touch 25, 35
10, 20, 20x, 30, 30x, 35t
Legend C, CX, H, HCX
Venture CX, HC
Vista C, CX, H, HCX
Foretrex Series: 101, 201, 301, 401
Geko Series: 201, 301
GPS Series: GPS 60
60, 60 C, 60 CSX, 60 CX
62, 62 S, 62 SC, 62 ST, 62 STC,
64, 64 S, 64ST
76 C, 76 CS, 76 CSX, 76 CX
78, 78 S, 78 SC
276 C, 376 C, 378, 478
Montana Series: 600, 610, 650, 650 T, 680
Monterra Series: 010-01065-00, 010-01065-03
Nüvi Series: 500, 550
200, 300, 400 C, 400 i, 400 T, 450, 450 T
550, 550 T, 600, 600 T, 650, 650 T, 700, 750
Rino Series: 520, 530, 610, 650, 520 HCX, 530 HCX, 655 T
Zumo Series: 220, 340LM, 550, 590LM, 660, 665
Competitors please consult with Andrei Dragon email@example.com if you plan to use another GPS type not in the above list.
For safety reasons competitors must carry with them on their vehicles the following material:
- 1 GPS per competitor
- 1 lighter
- 1 GSM mobile phone in waterproof packaging (able to phone out and receive calls) Please ensure phone is fully charged.
- Tips, Competitors could carry an 'external battery charging device' to ensure will be able to stay in contact if a time consuming motorcycle breakdown assistance or contact with the HQ medical rescue team is required.
- Switch off battery consuming apps and ''Social media apps'' to preserve the battery charge.
- Always carry some local Romanian currency, if you leave the track during the event, you may wish to stop for fuel, or to drink water, have a biscuit snack at a petrol station.
Note: if you leave the track you must as soon as possible go to either the Offroad Finish or Competitor paddock to hand in your GPS, then we know you are safe.
The below contact numbers must be on the mobile phone competitors are using during the race:-
- Medical rescue 1 0040 731 270 884
- Medical rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
- Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 (motorcycle not able to continue, need assistance)
1 torch (flashlight)
- 6 smoke rocket-flares or 2 red hand-held smoke flares
- 1 distress mirror
- 1 Litre of water
- 1 foil survival blanket
- 1 wind and waterproof jacket
- 1 pencil + contact number + first aid medical assistance form
- 1 spare spark plug (If not fuel injection)
- 1 tool set for basic repairing
- 1 motorcycle tube or repairing set, if no mousse is fitted
- 1 set of spare batteries for GPS
- Local Romanian currency - minimum 50 Lei
The instructions for the various items of safety equipment must be respected and competitors will be tested on their knowledge. A helicopter, off-road vehicles, off-road motorcycles with emergency medical aid teams, as well as ambulances offers their services to each competitor during the whole event. At previous editions the rescue teams arrived in about 25 minutes at the accident site, but due to different terrain and weather conditions, a maximum intervention time of 2 hours 30 minutes can be guaranteed.
- In the event of a medical evacuation the helicopter rescue cost will have to be covered by competitors. The cost of helicopter flying time is 1300 euro per hour.
- We ask competitors to obtain insurance cover for Medivac flight transportation back to their own country. This insurance cover can often be provided by the Motorcycle governing body (federation) of the country competitors come from.
- Controls will be made at the Inscription at the 'rescue team rescue desk' to ensure you have the equipment.
(Suggestion - remember to bring your race backpack with rescue equipment to the Inscription )
- During the event controls can/will be made at the 'offroad start(s)' to ensure that competitors are carrying the rescue equipment during the event.
- A 30 minute time penalty WILL be added to any competitors results if they fail to carry this essential equipment.
- At the 'Rescue desk' at Inscription, competitors will be asked to provide proof that they have a working phone in Romania which uses the phone number they entered into their registration ''competitor account'.
- A check will be made to ensure competitors have the Medical rescue phone numbers and the Bike breakdown phone numbers installed on the phone they will carry with during the event.
All competitors get information on the exact starting procedure in the competitor & service crew briefing(s) on Monday July 29.
- The starting-grid, the starting list and interval formation will be announced after the competitors briefing on the evening before each race day, and also displayed on the website.
- Because of the exposed routing, each competitor must treat contacts with other competitors (overtaking), carefully and respectfully.
- Overtaking within checkpoints flags is not allowed.
Checkpoints(CP) are timing points (competitors passage time is recorded) and are clearly indicated on the track.
When driving in a Liaision competitors are not racing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to drive with due care and attention, all traffic laws apply and road legal conditions apply whether competitors are on a road, forest road or any track used by other members of the public.
- Competitors Liaision Point in time(LPin) is taken, then their Liaision Point out clock time(LPout) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
- Plenty of riding time is provided to allow competitors to make the transit from LPin to the LPout. Some ''Waiting time'' at the LPout is always included.
- It is the competitors responsibility to present themself to the Liaision point(LPout) at their given starting time
During a Liaison competitors are NOT racing, so there is no need to speed and there are no benefits for doing so.
Speeding Competitors may be stopped - financially fined by police, given a driving licence suspension and be event time penalised for speeding,
(Read regulations 9.7 Speeding over limit - time penalties).
The GPS recorded track of the competitor may be taken into consideration in the resolution of a protest or for judging cases of penalty or disqualification.
Technical defect stopped competitor -
Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 (motorcycle breakdown assistance).
Assisting a medically injured competitor
Any conspicuous events during the race, regarding competitors, such as evidently injured competitor, MUST be announced to the Red Bull Romaniacs medical rescue team using the phone number(s):-
- Medical rescue 1 0040 731 270 884
- Medical rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
In the case of an medically injured competitor, the first competitor who finds an injured competitor 'MUST' HELP
An injured competitor should never be left alone!!
If it is not possible to contact the Rescue team due to no phone signal, then the provided A4 ''First Aid medical assistance form' with all details filled in should be handed to another competitor. Ask them to phone the Romaniacs medical Rescue team as soon as phone coverage becomes available and provide the details on the ''First Aid medical assistance form''. In general there is GSM signal on most of the peaks and ridges but in some valleys there is no phone coverage.
Assisting Competitor(s) MUST use this ONLINE form or hand-in the completed ''First Aid medical assistance form" at the Race Directors event Headquarters. ''Medical assistance time back claims'' are "Finalising results TIME limited", time back can only be provided before results go OFFICIAL, so do not delay informing the Race Director.
Competitors who assist a medically injured competitor can be given a ''calculated riding'' time so that their results are not affected by the time taken providing assistance until the medical rescue team arrives. The decision on what time to provide back to a competitor(s) who assisted a medically injured competitor is calculated by Race Director/Race Jury.
Remember:- it will always be worth helping!
The organisers publish the “maximum riding time limit” for the next Offroad day at the competitors briefing, it includes the mandatory stop time at the Service point and includes the time needed if there is a ''timed liaison' during the event.
- The riding time of a competitor is calculated by adding the actual riding time on the track plus given time penalties. (see section 9.00 Rules and penalties)
- The sum of the total amount of time of each stage (start to finish) is valuated.
The winner is the competitor who achieves the lowest riding time.
The event organisers or Race Director have the right to disqualify competitors in case of unfair behaviour or in the case of course fouls.
- If a competitors riding time means they will not reach the finish(maximum riding time) they will be asked to leave the race track at a checkpoint and directed back to the Offroad finish or Competitor paddock. (the competitor has been time barred)
- If a competitor ‘’leaves the race track’’ at a checkpoint before the finish they must follow instructions provided at the checkpoint and follow the abandon track on their GPS.
- The competitor MUST present their motorcycle and dis-mount and hand-in their GPS and rescue map either at the ''Offroad finish checkpoint & GPS FLAG" or at the ''competitor paddock checkpoint & GPS FLAG".
- If the event organisers or Race Director decides that a section of the course has become impassable due to weather conditions, queuing or other factors outside his control, or if the estimated "maximum days riding time" is no longer achievable then the organisation has the right to remove time taken between checkpoints or finish the race earlier and adjust the results accordingly as needed.
- Our guarantee is that at least 40% of competitors each day will be finishers in the results.
9.1 Survival equipment
- A competitors failure to produce working navigation/phone/safety equipment at any time when requested by event officials during the event will result in time penalties or disqualification from the competition.
- A control that you have all your survival equipment will take place during the Inscription at the Race HQ Hotel (Suggestion - bring your backpack with your survival equipment to the Insciption !)
-The Inscription form provided and the competitor 'Terms of Participation' must be fully completed and signed.
- A working GPS(s) must be handed in.
The mobile phone competitors MUST carry during the event must be shown working at the Rescue desk and the below phone numbers should be already be pre-installed.
Medical Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884
Medical Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - Motorcycle breakdown assistance
Note:- It is the responsibility of competitors to provide help to enable their motorcycles and themselves to be recovered from any Offroad location where a motorcycle breakdown may occur.
Recovery can be performed with the ''organising assistance'' of our motorcycle breakdown assistance contact. This is to ensure recovery vehicles or helpers are not travelling against the race track.
Competitors MUST provide contact name(s) and phone number(s) of the companies, if competitors are renting motorcycle or have a motorcycle service package.
The contact details and assistants are used to co-ordinate competitor and competitor motorcycle recovery operations if required.
9.2 The Prolog
Tuesday July 21
Detailed information about the Time trial qualification and the Prolog finals HERE
9.3 At the start each day
- A competitor presenting themselves over 60 minutes late at the start means they have abandoned (AB) this day.
- If a competitor is late less than 60 minutes at the start, the GIVEN start time will be recorded not the competitors actual starting time.
- Riding with unreadable competitor numbers at the Prolog or Offroad days will result in a 10 minute time penalty being added to results.
9.4 GPS Rules
Poor recording of GPS track :- 10 minutes penalty
- No track recorded :- 30 minutes penalty
- Repeat offenders – disqualification from the event.
- Riding off the track, taking short cuts, being more than 100 meters off track equals an automatic 60 minute penalty or a calculated penalty time provided through Race Directors analysis.
- If a competitor gets lost (leaves the race track) he must re-enter the GPS track using the same route to avoid receiving time penalties.
- If a competitor gives his/her GPS(s) to another competitor this must be communicated to a GPS technician. Failure to do this will lead to a 15 minute penalty to the competitor receiving the GPS.
- A competitors failure to hand in a GPS at either the Offroad finish or at the 'Main competitor paddock checkpoint at the GPS flag' if the competitor has left the track will result in additional GPS penalties being applied and the competitor result published.
- If by latest 19:00 each offroad day a GPS has STILL not been handed-in this will also result in a first time warning which will be displayed in results, if it happens again then an additional 60 minute time penalty will also be added to results.
9.5 Checkpoint Rules
A competitors failure to reach a checkpoint or NOT stopping at checkpoint can equal an abandonment of the days race or lead to substantial time penalties.
Failure to reach a checkpoint or NOT stopping at a checkpoint on 2 offroad days = Disqualification.
- For competitors safety:- it is important the organisers know where competitors have reached on the track, therefore competitors must STOP at all checkpoints(CP).
- Not reaching a checkpoint before a competitors TIME BAR time means they have abandoned that days race, the competitor must leave the race track. Failure to leave race track equals disqualification.
- If a competitor ‘’leaves the race track’’ at a checkpoint before the finish they must follow the written instructions provided at the checkpoint and follow the GPS Abandon track.
- The competitor MUST present their motorcycle and dis-mount and hand-in their GPS and rescue map either at the GPS flag at ''Offroad finish checkpoint" or at the ''Competitor paddock checkpoint" as soon as possible.
- For missing or not reaching a checkpoint an inflated "missed track" penalty time will be given. A competitors actual riding time between missed checkpoints will be removed.
- Loss of timekeeping chip= 15 min penalty
9.6 At the Finish
- Not reaching the offroad finish means a competitor has abandoned
- Not reaching the offroad finish within the days maximum riding time means a competitor has abandoned
- Abandoning on two days means competitor disqualification
- GPS and Rescue map - The GPS should be dismounted by the competitor and handed-in with the rescue map at the GPS FLAG.
- Competitors must carry tools needed to dismount their GPS.
- Competitor Failure to hand in their GPS and rescue map = huge time penalties in results.
Competitors may ride next day on the race track after disqualification ONLY on the discretion of the Race Director or race organisers on our organised ''Disqualified competitors tour''.
These competitors will no longer be included in any official results.
9.7 Speeding over limit - Speeding time penalties.
- Near villages and houses keep your speed low.
- In Romania many children play on the street and are attracted by the motorcycles.
- If caught speeding by Police and detained/delayed your race time will NOT be given back.
- If caught speeding by the Red Bull Romaniacs organisers, speeding time penalties will be added to you race time.
Warning: Speeding time penalties WILL be applied at each speed check location = A competitor can therfore receive more than 1 speeding penalty per day.
- There are speed signs in competitors GPS tracks.
20 means drive less than 20 kilometers per hour
25 means drive less than 25 kilometers per hour
30 means drive less than 30 kilometers per hour
50 means drive less than 50 kilometers per hour
If a competitor drives greater than 10 Kilometres per hour over the speed limit they will be given a speeding time penalty which is added to their race''ride time''
> 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit = 5 minute speeding time penalty
Warning speed signs !
9.8 Miscellaneous Rules
- Competitors riding against the race direction = disqualification
- Competitors Not riding on the track in the competition class they entered will lead to becoming abandoned on that race day or event disqualified.
Results pages - Explanation
- Official OVERALL - Results for ALL competitors - includes the Finals and Time trial qualification races.
- Finals - The Gold, Silver and Bronze races.
- Time trial qualifications - The fastest 35 competitors will compete in the Finals.
More detailed information on the Prolog event HERE
10.2 Results for the Offroad days
- Official OVERALL - Includes the results of previous Offroad days & Prolog.
- Detailed results - competitors LIVE race progress can be viewed during the race and viewed by competitors when they reach the offroad finish.
(The days results become OFFICIAL when ALL competitors have finished the race and any GPS offtrack penalties & competitors results protest time has expired.)
- OVERALL race progress - competitors overall LIVE event performance during the race, includes previous offroad day results - Note:- Ranking changes as competitors reach each checkpoint.
10.3 Detailed results
- Competitors LIVE race progress DURING the race. The ranking automatically changes depending on who is leading the race.
- You can view competitors 'Checkpoint arrival times', 'timebar times', 'ride times' between checkpoints and the 'differential times from the fastest competitor between checkpoint'
Published Timebar times
- Competitors must reach each checkpoint before the timebar time that is displayed in each offroad days 'detailed' results''.
- If the timebar time is RED(Example time <>04:05:58)then the competitor has arrived too late at that checkpoint and now has the status AB = Abandoned.
- Competitors will be given written instructions how to leave the race track at that checkpoint and should follow the Abandoned GPS track to get to the offroad finish/competitor paddock.
- Note:- competitors should view their 'detailed' results when they arrive at the 'Offroad finish' or immediately when back at the Competitor Paddock or when arriving at accommodation.
WARNING:- Results investigations and possible protests are "results finalisation time limited"
The 'Detailed' Results can be viewed on smart phones / tablet devices / laptops / desktop computers using the results pages of the Red Bull Romaniacs website.
Results protests or First aid medical assistance time back request claims MUST be submitted as soon as is possible, ONLINE, from service point?, from track, when arriving at offroad finish?, when arriving at accommodation?, failure to complete a Result protest form or First Aiid medical assistance form or to inform the Race Director at the Headquarters office will result in 'time back claims'' being denied.
The Red Bull Romaniacs Headquarters results team/medical team need time to investigate all claims BEFORE results become OFFICIAL and the next days competitor Offroad start times are published.
WARNING:- Results investigations and possible protests are "results finalisation time limited", once a competitors results have been published in the ''Detailed results'' and 2 hours have passed from each competitors ''Results published time'', a 'Results protest'' or ''First aid medical assistance time back claim" may no longer be accepted.
10.4 Explanation of results abbreviations.
- Start time - The offroad starting time. This is the ''given time'' to competitors, it is their responsibility to present themselves at the Red Bull starting Arch at their given time.
- CP * - Checkpoint times * will be the checkpoint number
- Ride time - competitors actual track riding time between checkpoints.
- Timebar time - The competitors much reach each checkpoint before the displayed time. If the timebar time is red then the competitor has arrived too late, They are now status AB = Abandoned and must leave the race track and follow instructions given to go directly to the Offroad finish/competitor paddock.
- Difference - The difference in ride time between competitors. +0s (= zero seconds) is the fastest competitor between checkpoints. Example = If the time shown for another competitor is +2m30s this means that competitor was + 2 minutes 30 seconds slower than the fastest competitor.
- Not used - This text is shown when a race class does not go to that checkpoint
SPin - competitors arrival time at the Service Point checkpoint in
SPout - Competitors Service Point out - (departure time) - Competitors cannot leave the Service Point out BEFORE their given time.
The SPin time is taken, then their SPout (departure time) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
Competitors can stay longer if they wish to rest or repair motorcycles, but this time is adding to their overall race time.
If there is a ''between checkpoints'' Liaision
LPin - Competitors arrival time at the Laision Point checkpoint in
LPout - Competitors Liaision Point out - (departure time) - Competitors are not allowed to leave the Laision Point out BEFORE their given time.
The LPin time is taken, then the competitors LPout (departure time) is written on a sticker and applied to their motorcycle helmet.
Warning : When driving in a Liaison competitors are not racing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to drive with due care and attention, all traffic laws apply and road legal conditions apply whether competitors are on a road, forest road or any track used by other members of the public.
During a Liaison competitors are NOT racing, so there is no need to speed and no benefits for doing so.
Speeding Competitors may be stopped - financially fined by police, given a driving licence suspension and be event time penalised for speeding,
10.5 OVERALL race progress
- The overall ranking changes depending on who is leading the event while you are watching. - Previous days overalls(total time&total diff. time) will also be displayed.
Ride time - this is the current course riding time of the competitor
Timebar penalty - As a competitor reaches a checkpoint the the time penalties for NOT reaching that checkpoint become removed . If a competitor reaches all checkpoints the time shown becomes [blank] or if not time penalties remain for checkpoints not reached.
* = the offroad day, either 1,2,3 or 4
Day* - This is the track ride time INCLUDING any offroad day* time penalties for GPS offtrack, for not reaching checkpoints, for being time-barred at checkpoint(s) and any manual time penalties given. (during the race includes time penalties for checkpoint not reached)
Difference +0s (=zero seconds) is the fastest competitor, Example= if the time shown for a competitor is +2m30s this means the competitors Difference time is +2 minutes 30 seconds slower than the fastest competitor.
Total time (overall)- this is the competitors ''total time'' for the event which can include ride time, any timebarred penalties, manual penalties, GPS offtrack penalties given.
Total Difference (overall) - This is the time difference between the fastest competitor and all other competitors, The fastest OVERALL competitor having a time of +0s (= zero second)
Competitor Offroad start times -This shows the given start time for each competitor for this days race.
10.6 Protests, complaints, objections
- Competitor protests MUST be made by competitors online and discussed at the Protest desk at the Race Directors Headquarters office.
- For “agreeable” complaints or objections, these will be considered by the Race Director and or Race organisers.
- In the case of an official protest(s) a meeting will take place to consider this/these. Official protests must be in writing and a protest fee of 130 € has to be posted, if the protest is upheld then this will be returned.
In the case of Official written protests with a paid protest fee, the arbitrator is the Race Director, the supreme jury of Red Bull Romaniacs is the Race jury, formed by a representative of the event organisers and a representative of the Federation of Romanian Motorcycles.(FRM).
WARNING:- Results investigations and possible protests are "results finalisation time limited", once a competitors results have been published in the ''Detailed UNOFFICIAL results'' and 2 hours have passed from each competitors ''Results published time'', a 'Results protest'' may no longer be accepted.
The obligation to inform, in the case of abandonment, the race organisation by all possible means, in accordance with article 12 of these regulations. The means used to inform the race organisation is the sole responsibility of the competitor. A third person cannot be held responsible.
The obligation to return to the organisers all material or equipment temporarily issued to competitors during the event.
In the case where a competitors motorcycle cannot continue on the race track, competitors can make a phone call to the Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - Motorcycle breakdown assistance
to request help to get the motorcycle and competitor off the track to the nearest road so they can be picked up by either their service crew/motorcycle rental company or family and friends.
Vehicle repatriation is at the cost of competitors.
The obligation to pay all expenses not directly payable to the organisers, as stated in these regulations (e.g.: accommodation, return travel other than that planned, miscellaneous expenses etc.).
The obligation to respect the safety regulations during the race.
All competitors who have left the course MUST go to either the ''Offroad finish checkpoint' OR the''Competitors Paddock checkpoint' and hand-in the rescue map, dismount and hand-in their GPS at the GPS FLAG. Competitors MUST carry with them tools needed to dismount their GPS.
Then we know competitors are safely home and THEN can be included in the days result.
In the case of abandoning the race track between checkpoints it is important that competitor phones the Red Bull Romaniacs headquarters and let them know you are leaving or have have left the race track. Contact either:-
Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 , Medical Rescue 1 0040 731 270 884 , Medical Rescue 2 0040 751 869 322
In addition, a competitors failure to respect the obligation to inform the organisers in the case of retirement, abandonment or disqualification and where search operations have been carried out will result in the competitor being liable for the financial costs of these search operations.
A competitors failure to hand in their GPS & rescue map by 19:00 each Offroad day, will result in a first time warning which will be displayed in results, happens again then a 60 minute time penalty added to results.
Disqualified or abandoned competitors are only allowed to continue on the race track with the express permission of Race organisers or Race Director.
The organisers' 'sweeper' vehicles will close the enduro rallye race track.
As it is impossible to guarantee that the sweeper will pass by the exact spot where a motorcycle has broken down, it is the competitors responsibility to provide the GPS co-ordinates of where he and the broken motorcycle is to Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 - our Motorcycle breakdown assistance. We will assist competitors with what they can do to repair their motorcycle to be able to continue or will assist them with information how to get off the mountains/tracks to a road safely, we are NOT providing a ''motorcycle recovery service'' from the track.
If there is no phone signal at this location. Competitors should write down their GPS location on the ''First Aid medical assistance form' and race number AND write a request for ''motorcycle and competitor breakdown assistance' then ask a passing competitor to take the form and phone-in the details to the Red Bull Romaniacs Bike breakdown 0040 731 270 881 when there is a phone signal.
If a sweeper finds a 'broken down motorcycle and competitor' he will instruct the competitor what to do, and provide help whenever possible.
Competitors who abandon their motorcycle before the passage of the sweeper do so entirely at their own responsibility. The organisers can in no way be held responsible in case of damage or theft.
Competitors who don’t follow the sweeper’s instructions do so entirely at their own responsibility. However, the competitor may be held responsible for searching and rescuing costs, resulting from their decision of not obeying the sweeper’s instructions. Retrieval of a competitors machine left on the track cannot be guaranteed by the organiser, however, help will be provided whenever possible.
Riding on banner/marked Red Bull Romaniacs tracks before the event is not permitted.
- Competitors will be disqualified from competing in Red Bull Romaniacs.
- Competitors entry fee will not be returned.
- Exclusively all competitors take part in the event on their own responsibility. They carry the exclusive civil and penal responsibility for all the damages caused by their motorcycle. Every competitor guarantees that he and his vehicle are covered by a liability insurance. If the competitor is not the owner of the motorcycle which he drives, he sets everyone, who is involved in the organisation of the event free of any claim of the proprietor. The competitor, who has suffered an accident or damage, renounces by handing in the enrolment, to any right on proceeding or resort over against anyone involved in the organisation of the event, in particular towards to:-
- The organisers, to his commissaries and helpers
- The owner of the event, used estate as well as towards the carrier of the build facilities and establishments along the track and his commissaries and helper
- The promoter
- The event-sponsors
- The F.R.M (Federatia Romana De Motociclism)
Competitors found using an 'Onboard personal camera' without permission will be disqualified from the race immediately.
1'st place 500 euro; 2'nd place 300 euro; 3'rd place 200 euro
Off-road days 1, 2, 3, 4:
1'st place 500 euro; 2'nd place 300 euro; 3'rd place 200 euro
1'st place 2.000 euro; 2'nd place 1.700 euro; 3'rd place 1.300 euro; 4'th place 1.100 euro; 5'th place 900 euro; 6'th place 800 euro; 7'th place 700 euro; 8'th place 600 euro; 9'th place 500 euro; 10'th place 400 euro
TOTAL PRIZE MONEY: 15.000 EURO
The rights for film taken during Red Bull Romaniacs event belong to the organisers and Red Bull.
By being released to use a personal onboard camera a competitor renounces all personal rights of material filmed with whatever type of camera during the Red Bull Romaniacs and agrees that the edited versions of the material filmed also have the following legal restrictions:
1. The edited version or parts of the edited version can be used for personal use, sponsors and partners, social media platforms and website.
2. None of the edited versions or parts of it may be given to any media channel without asking prior written permission from the right holders the organisers or Red Bull.
How to join the Onboard camera service contract.
At the inscription competitors can apply for the onboard personal camera service by paying for these services. Service is for 1 onboard camera per competitor.
Competitors will get a recognition sign that shows the Red Bull Romaniacs staff that they are part of the onboard camera film crew and have the right to record.
The competitor will provide 2 empty memory cards in order to be able to film before and after the service point.
At the service point and at the offroad finish the Romaniacs onboard camera team will take competitors memory chips (or at the competitors paddock checkpoint if a competitors abandons the offroad day).
Each morning at the GPS pick up point competitors memory chips can be collected together with their GPS and rescue map.
If a competitor abandons the race and does not stop at either the Service point or the Offroad finish or both, then they must leave the memory card together with their GPS and map at the ‘Competitor Paddock checkpoint’.
250 RON – for Up to 6 hours of received footage.
500 RON – for unlimited footage.
NOTE: Competitors will receive their raw footage minus selected sections around 10 days after the race.
Warning:- Any competitor found using a Onboard personal camera without permisson will be immediately disqualified from the event.
In order to permit the widest possible dissemination and promotion of the Red Bull Romaniacs, any and all persons taking part in the Red Bull Romaniacs for any reason (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Competitors) acknowledge and agree that their participation in the competition grants to the organisers and assignees the irrevocable right to reproduce and display, without any compensation whatsoever, their name, likeness, voice, biography and history, and more generally, their sports performance in connection with the Red Bull Romaniacs, as well as the trade name(s), trade mark(s), brand(s) of their vehicle parts manufacturers, constructors and sponsors, in any and all forms, on any media (whether now existing or hereafter developed) and in any format, for all kinds of world-wide use, including advertising and/or commercial use without any restrictions whatsoever except for those mentioned hereinafter, and for the entire duration of the protection currently granted for such use by legal or statutory provisions, judicial and/or arbitral decisions of all countries, as well as international conventions (present and future), including eventual extensions that could be made to this duration.
Likewise, with the exception of books, photograph books, comic strips, in any form of publication, video cassettes, CD-ROMs, DVD's or more generally all video recording or videodiscs, on any kind of device and in any format whatsoever, dealing with all or part of the Red Bull Romaniacs, posters, travel diaries, autograph books, maps, official programs of the Red Bull Romaniacs, the organisers will not exploit or allow the exploitation of the individual image of the Competitor in the context of marketing by-products known as merchandising.