Family & friends, places to visit near Sibiu
Placed in the central south-eastern area of Europe, Romania is a wonderful country that shows diversity through its marvellous landscapes and its friendly inhabitants.
Romania is a member of the European Union; the country is divided in six main geographical and historical areas:
Romania, history goes all the back from the Austria-Hungarian Empire to the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Sultans.
Aside the ancient cities it hosts (Alba-Iulia – Apullum; Cluj-Napoca; Constanta – Tomis). Romania is home to a lot of medieval towns and fortresses (Brasov – Kronstadt; Fagaras, Sighisoara) and Sibiu (Hermannstadt) is one of them.
Sibiu was the European Capital of Culture 2007, alongside Luxembourg. The main tourist points in Sibiu are:-
- The Brukenthal National Museum
- Clock Tower (great views from the top)
- National Museum Complex “Astra”
- The Historical Town Center
- The coffee shops and restaurants within the medieval walls. Piata Mica a favourite.
- The architecture.
- Very old Churches
- Catholic Church
- Orthodox Cathedral
- The Evangelic Church
- Its wonderful parks (Sub Arini, Astra) and forests close to city.
- The main street where we run the Prolog.
- and of course, the closeness to wonderful and truly marvellous enduro rallye terrain.
17 summer activities. Fun park with summer sledge, zip line, cross-country and downhill trails, zorbing ball, bag jump etc.
This awesome playground for kids and adults opens June 25 till October 16; Monday to Friday 11:00-18:00, weekends 10:00 - 19:00
Share on your